Pa 2 Ohio for some weekend fun.

This is a discussion on Pa 2 Ohio for some weekend fun. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A friend from Kent wants me to come up and hang out this upcoming weekend. She doesn't stay on campus and I plan on staying ...

A friend from Kent wants me to come up and hang out this upcoming weekend. She doesn't stay on campus and I plan on staying in a hotel so either way I would not be carrying on school grounds if I did carry... but it seems that I can't carry in Ohio. I have a Concealed Carry Permit issued in Pennsylvania and assumed that Ohio and Pennsylvania had a reciprocity agreement but upon some Google research I found out I was wrong. So since I can't take my gun to Ohio can legally I take anything else? Say OC spray or my Ka-Bar TDI?

Its a bummer Ohio dosent have reciprosity with Pa Or Indiana. I live in In now and Im from Cleveland. My mom still lives there and I have to leave my gun at home when I visit. I heard the reason is that In dosent have any training requirement for you permit and thats why the big O wont recognize our permits. Enjoy your visit with friends and stay safe.

Sponsor
    Ohio's knife laws are vague and it could be stated that any fixed blade knife cannot be concealed. It could also be construed to say that any size fixed blade can be carried openly.

Spring assisted folders are GTG, not automatic knives. Some local laws limit blade length on folders but state law does not.

I've never heard anything one way or the other on OC or pepper spray but the Mail carriers are issued pepper spray for canine defense so...
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Like stated, Ohio knife laws are pretty vague. One of my LEO buddies states that it's more about intent. Have a good trip!

Eh... Thanks Gentleman. I'm not worried that I can't take my gun. I don't depend on my gun 24/7 for a security blanket, but I do like to atleast have a knife, high lumen flashlight and/or pepper spray on me. From the responses it seems that Ohio has vague laws and I do NOT want to walk that line in a place that I'm unfamiliar with. I'll just order a Surefire Defender, or light of that quality with a "defensive bezel" for striking, and take that with me. Something is better than nothing.

Does OH issue nonresident permits? If so work on getting one for your next visits.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

They run classes locally ( I'm in Pittsburgh) that u can get your Utah CC permit. Utah has reciprocity with Ohio. Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    Does OH issue nonresident permits? If so work on getting one for your next visits.

No they do not issue NR permits.

Quote Originally Posted by thechriskarel View Post
    They run classes locally ( I'm in Pittsburgh) that u can get your Utah CC permit. Utah has reciprocity with Ohio. Google it.
    This is the way to go.

Links