Former teen neighbor arrested in triple Homicide

This is a discussion on Former teen neighbor arrested in triple Homicide within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I tried to think where to post this--since the issue is Situational Awareness and being safe at "home", this seems like an appropriate forum. I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Former teen neighbor arrested in triple Homicide

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

Angry Former teen neighbor arrested in triple Homicide

I tried to think where to post this--since the issue is Situational Awareness and being safe at "home", this seems like an appropriate forum.

I am still rather "gut-punched" by this news. As I sit here and type this, I am looking out my window and can see the home where this kid lived for a while. The home is the first on our gravel road, and I am the second home, in this very rural quiet community. The community where this crime occurred is about two hours south of us.

We just truly NEVER know.......I know this intellectually, but its a bit different feeling it at a personal gut-level........I tend to carry around the house, but sometimes have felt silly and paranoid. Not now, I'm just paranoid.

2 Cody teenagers arrested in triple homicide in Clark, Wyo.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Terrible. You got it, you have no idea what anyone is capable of, nor the factors that might drive them to actions. Those kids have made their bed, now they get to lie in it.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member
    Tragic. This is the reason we need to stay diligent.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Chaplain, maybe a little paranoia is a good thing. I read the article and have no earthly idea what they thought they were going to steal from these people. They sound like two retirees and their daughter that live a meager lifestyle in a very rural setting. Not likely to be hoarding cash.

OTOH, we had a double murder here where a father and son robbed a post office in a SMALL town in Western TN. The post office had $38 in the till. They are quoted as saying they thought it would have $25,000. They killed both of the female postal workers for a measly $38.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

A paranoid homeowner lives a longer fruitful life, more so than a complacent homeowner.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

The triple homicide left residents on edge. When a Billings Gazette reporter rang the doorbell of one house in Clark on Sunday afternoon, a man gripping a black assault rifle pointed to the ground walked around from the garage.
    Tell me again why I don't need a weapon like that? I keep forgetting what the reason is.

Trust no one!

These two cold-blooded killers will hopefully get the needle...and NO alcohol swab!
    shadowwalker likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Turns out the kid who lived next house down from me was the trigger-guy. Pretty chilling.......

Charging documents reveal details in triple homicide
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Motive? It said the 40ish lady was pretty. Was it just a robbery or were they "after" her?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

My wife used to think I was being paranoid for carrying at home until I started pointing out all of the home invasions in the surrounding area on the news.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    If it makes you feel better, I went to high school with a guy who burned a church down. As gun owners, Im sure were responsible for these in one way or another.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I concur,watching the news this morning,a young man was arrested here for a triple shooting involving 2 or 3 deaths. Upon his capture, the news reports that his rap sheet included many many many violent crimes and my question to myself was.......How was for the life of brian still on the streets??????? Our judicial system needs a slight overhaul.......
    ep1953 likes this.

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    Chaplain, maybe a little paranoia is a good thing. I read the article and have no earthly idea what they thought they were going to steal from these people. They sound like two retirees and their daughter that live a meager lifestyle in a very rural setting. Not likely to be hoarding cash.

OTOH, we had a double murder here where a father and son robbed a post office in a SMALL town in Western TN. The post office had $38 in the till. They are quoted as saying they thought it would have $25,000. They killed both of the female postal workers for a measly $38.

The need to kill is primary to the robbery secondary...
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Unfortunately, taxpayers will pay to extend the lives of these predators...lots of lawyers will get tax money, too.

...I policed with one who was caught burglarizing his own beat...one who used his security job to crawl over balconies and watch a couple having sex, one who did a rape and the girl was afraid to report him...one who did either 5 or 7 rapes before they caught him...I've seen preachers, teachers, doctors, lawy...well, never mind them...and grandmothers do horrible things...it doesn't surprise me...
    ...climb inside a mind that lives in this world as we have it today...and tell me how that mind withstands all the fears, pressures, emptiness, and despair and still functions "normally"...we were created to have absolutes...a true North to swing back to...a home base to start from and return to...and I don't see how people of any age live without Him...I wouldn't want to...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links