It's GO Time...

It's GO Time...

This is a discussion on It's GO Time... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You're laying in bed just about to fall asleep and hear that dreaded sound of glass breaking or that big thump shaking the house. You're ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: It's GO Time...

It's GO Time...

You're laying in bed just about to fall asleep and hear that dreaded sound of glass breaking or that big thump shaking the house. You're in bed with only your skivvies on, what do you do first and foremost? Do you get caught with your pants down, or take a few seconds to dress?

Been there done that. I was worried about the family seeing me in my skivvies roaming around the house and being embarrassed. After all, you can't change first impressions?

So, in your bump in the night scenario, are you going to get some cloths on first?
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Lock & Load!!

Just grab the 1911 and go. Besides seeing me naked would send anyone out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by leecheater View Post
    Just grab the 1911 and go. Besides seeing me naked would send anyone out the door.
    LOL I have that same problem
    darbo likes this.
    Gun control, the ability to hit your target

If there in my house they get me as I am........
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

...my Superman skivvies help me run faster...I grab gun and light and extra mag and go for it...

I'm not concerned with my appearance in a situation like that. I sleep au naturel, and if you break in, what you see is what you get... angry naked dude with a .45 or heavier artillery.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    You're in bed with only your skivvies on, what do you do first and foremost? Do you get caught with your pants down, or take a few seconds to dress?
    Skivvies won't save the kids.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    First things first, FRAG OUT! And then I get dressed. : )
    Snub44 and sixgun like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Any intruder in my home will probably sail into cosmos with a most regrettable memory of a naked old man and this barrel flash...I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ill rock out with my unmentionables out...... I live alone so any such noise automatically means unwanted visitor. Nothing worse than seeing a naked sasquatch with a Glock
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

One of the few things more frightening than seeing a man (me) with a shotgun slung on his shoulder and a 1911 in his hands pointed at you (the dirty criminal), in my opinion, would be a naked man with a shotgun slung on his shoulder and a 1911 in his hands pointed at you.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    No, I gonna pick up my gun and cover the entrance to the room I'm in while my wife calls 911.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Grab the shotgun and rack the slide...no time for getting dressed!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I sleep in sweats or gym shorts boots fire house style by the bed and gun in arms reach. I can be in boots with weapon of choice in hand by the time I stand up. Weapon only without getting up.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links