Home with loved ones: Do you always answer the door or no?

This is a discussion on Home with loved ones: Do you always answer the door or no? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; When you are home with your love ones, do you make it your job to always answer the door when someone knocks or rings the ...

View Poll Results: Do you always answer or no?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, while carrying

34 59.65%
  • No, sometimes another family member answers.

23 40.35%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Home with loved ones: Do you always answer the door or no?

Home with loved ones: Do you always answer the door or no?

When you are home with your love ones, do you make it your job to always answer the door when someone knocks or rings the doorbell or do you let others answer from time to time?

Most of the time I'll answer it but there are times when others will.

2. Remove Ads

We dont answer the door. If someone knocks we just shoot a double barrell shotgun out a window and yell "Get off my land, leave my soil"
    Kidding.

Always me always armed.
    RickyD, ANGLICO, USM1976 and 3 others like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    I usually answer but everyone knows not to open for anyone without verbally/visually identifying them first... I try to remind others to never stand directly in front of the door, either.

Most people we know just don't show up outta the blue.. So it's likely if you come a knockin' i'll come a packin.'

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Things your burglar won't tell you: I always knock first, if you answer, I'll just ask for directions or pretend I'm lost.
    niks likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    Things your burglar won't tell you: I always knock first, if you answer, I'll just ask for directions or pretend I'm lost.
    If they dont know me and show up at my door where I live they probably ARE lost
    blitzburgh likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    I usually answer but everyone knows not to open for anyone without verbally/visually identifying them first... I try to remind others to never stand directly in front of the door, either.

Most people we know just don't show up outta the blue.. So it's likely if you come a knockin' i'll come a packin.'
    I hate when I see people I know look out the blinds by literally raising one blind, letting who ever it is know that "YES WE ARE IN HERE". I've told my mother about doing that.

I'm always discrete when visually identifying the person/s at my door and my gun is in my possession.

I have a storm door with security glass and a dog. others answer the door if they want when I'm home. The peep hole you can look before opening the door. The storm door is another barrier.
    84160 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    We dont answer the door. If someone knocks we just shoot a double barrell shotgun out a window and yell "Get off my land, leave my soil"
    Kidding.

Always me always armed.
    Oh, well, if i grab the double barrel it's really serious and i always shoot through the door, first. The window method just screams softie :)
    Ghost1958 likes this.

My kids learned really quick, unless we are expecting the grandparents, I open the door, armed. When grandparents are expected, I make sure it is them and let the boys answer the door. When I am not home my wife does not answer the door, unless it is a neighbor or relative.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I answered no, however its just me and my wife we both have cwp and we both come to the door locked and loaded if someone comes knockin. All my freinds and family call before they come over, so if someone knocks I know I dont know them.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    We get very few people we aren't expecting at our door. If I'm home I always answer. My wife sometimes wont answer and sometimes answers with a shotgun. She is not to be messed with. DR

Quote Originally Posted by ExaltedOne View Post
    I hate when I see people I know look out the blinds by literally raising one blind, letting who ever it is know that "YES WE ARE IN HERE". I've told my mother about doing that.

I'm always discrete when visually identifying the person/s at my door and my gun is in my possession.

I try to be discrete as well. But when there are multiple cars in the drive/lights on etc. there's really no way someone would think there's nobody home. Sometimes thugs might be testing the waters and might be more prone to try and gain entry if they believe there's no one there. But nowadays.. Who really knows with the caliber of morons that are out and about.

Warned or not, if for some reason you try to forcefully enter my home you will undoubtedly meet a bunch of my little Ranger T buddies.

when im not home my g.f and my daughter know not to open the door, INLESS they look through the window and see if its a relative or a friend. i told them even if its a stranger and they hear your inside you don't answer the door, sometimes church people will come knock and we will have the window wide open and talking and theyll knock and i keep going about my business and not open it. when i'm home if were not expecting anyone ill have my g.f answer the door while staying behind the door, incase they try to bumrush inside she can get behind door and ill be armed at the couch ready to go, just so they don't bumrush me if i open the door and leave my g.f and daughter defense less.

also, when were not home i keep my Tv on so if someone comes to the door its loud enough so people can hear it on, there fore thinking someones home. and at night when were gone we keep tv and atleast 2 different lights on inside besides the porch lights

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Oh, well, if i grab the double barrel it's really serious and i always shoot through the door, first. The window method just screams softie :)
    LOL Yeah it does tend to make us look like weenies useing the window. But Im old and patching the roof is a pain.
    Id shoot thru the door to but then id hit my and my wifes motorcycles on the porch.
    wishyouwell likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links