Home Defense Quick Access Safe.

This is a discussion on Home Defense Quick Access Safe. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been thinking about a Quick Access Safe for Home Defense for my shotgun a Mossberg 12GA. 500 Mariner. Now so far as securing the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xXxplosive

Thread: Home Defense Quick Access Safe.

Home Defense Quick Access Safe.

I've been thinking about a Quick Access Safe for Home Defense for my shotgun a Mossberg 12GA. 500 Mariner. Now so far as securing the Shotgun I've been looking at some Security Cabinets from Stack-On they have a key mechanism aswell as there line of safes they have, particularly there total defense line which is operated by a electronic mechanism, I would be securing the safe & or cabinet in my walk in closet. Now in the event there was ever a home invasion I would want to be able to access the safe/cabinet as fast as possible & I'm curious to know which would be less time consuming to open as every second counts in such a situation. what are you're thoughts on this matter?

2. Remove Ads

Have you looked in to the ShotLock? Quick access hanging it on a wall, no electronics. A bit pricey but it's something I've been looking in to.

Looks interesting ty I'll look into it. :)

It looks like your pistol is going to get knocked around in there if you use the carrying handle! I have a Fort Knox FTK-PB on order.

I've recently bit the proverbial bullet and bought a V-Line Quick access keyless shotgun safe and am perfectly happy with the quality. It holds my Mossberg, bandolier, BUG, and extra ammo.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Good luck if you need to get to a gun to defend yourself in a hurry...........and I mean within seconds.....no safes for me.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    I have a Fort Knox pistol safe under the bed. It is pretty quick to access and it keeps my boys out of it.

In case of home invasion, I am going to respond with my pistol. Because if the invaders know their business they will be fast and I won't have time to run to my closet and retrieve my carbine.

If the dog and the .357 give me enough time then I will retrieve my carbines from a stack-on closet safe http://www.stack-on.com/categories/s...ts/products/75
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Pray the quick access safes work if you ever need your gun. Even if they do the weapon is better on you at home or in arms reach. No safes for me either.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Pray the quick access safes work if you ever need your gun. Even if they do the weapon is better on you at home or in arms reach. No safes for me either.
    My Glock 17 is all mechanical and very reliable as is my handgun safe. It's easily accessible in just a few seconds even in complete darkness. Gun is always in exactly the same place and the trigger is covered when reaching for it. Works very well for me. My HD shotgun does stay loaded in my big safe. If I am retreating with my handgun in hand that is the direction I am moving in.

Links