Burglary suspect killed by homeowner

This is a discussion on Burglary suspect killed by homeowner within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One less bad guy in this world. Burglary suspect killed by homeowner may be linked to other crimes | KRTV.com | Great Falls, Montana...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Burglary suspect killed by homeowner

Burglary suspect killed by homeowner

"The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Some criminals don't know when to quit.
    TX expat and Poseidon like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Some criminals don't know when to quit.
    At least he had the decency to go bleed out somewhere else.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Glad this one had the guy winning. A related note, I just got a text from my wife, a couple of neighbors have told her there have been some burglaries and supposedly some armed robberies in our 'safe'town. I will be st
    epping up my security even more now. You just never know

To the perp: Buh-bye
    GlockHawk17 likes this.

Criminals know the risks of their actions. They roll the dice every time they break into a house.

In my opinion,it is not the value of personal belongings a person is defending.None of us would want to take a life for the worth of a TV.It is instead the home,the security of the only safe place we have for our children,our family,loved ones we are protecting.It is not just an idea we are trying to protect,it is a way of life,freedom,security in your last refuge,your home.If that is given up,what is left to defend.Where can you put your loved ones down to sleep in safety.We have no choice but defend our homes as our one safe place.

All's well that ends well!
    Eagleks likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    ... the name of the homeowner ... is (not) being released at this time.

At around 2:40 in the afternoon, a 911 call came in from the homeowner at 4276 Canyon Ferry Road.

No prizes to who "he" at that address is.

Kudos to the citizen for terminating the threat effectively. For all of us.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    You can't fix stupid. But apparently you can put it out its misery.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    All's well that ends well!
    No disrespect, but it didn't end well. I don't give a rats behind for the dead criminal, and I am glad the homeowner and family are safe. The problem is, that even though the family is ok, that Incident is going to impact them forever. That's one thing that is so insidious about crime, and there isn't any way to protect ones self from the aftermath that crime leaves behind. So relatively speaking it ended well in that they are safe; but I feel badly for them that some jerk off impacted their lives the way he did.
    BadgerJ, Hopyard, ANGLICO and 1 others like this.
    "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Lewis

I love it when the story ends with the BG getting what he deserves! He won't be bothering anyone else ever again.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by pignut View Post
    In my opinion,it is not the value of personal belongings a person is defending.None of us would want to take a life for the worth of a TV.It is instead the home,the security of the only safe place we have for our children,our family,loved ones we are protecting.It is not just an idea we are trying to protect,it is a way of life,freedom,security in your last refuge,your home.If that is given up,what is left to defend.Where can you put your loved ones down to sleep in safety.We have no choice but defend our homes as our one safe place.
    While agree with most of what you're saying, I'd like to add something.

The worth of our personal belongings is much more than the money we pay for them. For those of us who earn our money (which I would guess is most folks on this forum), those possessions represent a great deal of time spent away from our loved ones while we were out making a living. Time and effort we traded in return for the opportunity to better our lives and that of people we love.

Physical objects can be replaced, but our time and effort can never be returned, and are certainly worth fighting for.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    Criminals know the risks of their actions. They roll the dice every time they break into a house.
    I believe the part that's failing to register for some unknown reason is the fact that if you take one between the headlights you don't get an aw shucks and a do-over.

It's O-V-E-R!!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by Vtxdpm View Post
    While agree with most of what you're saying, I'd like to add something.

The worth of our personal belongings is much more than the money we pay for them. For those of us who earn our money (which I would guess is most folks on this forum), those possessions represent a great deal of time spent away from our loved ones while we were out making a living. Time and effort we traded in return for the opportunity to better our lives and that of people we love.

Physical objects can be replaced, but our time and effort can never be returned, and are certainly worth fighting for.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I don't work 40 hours a week to buy stuff for other people! They take enough of my check for others anyway, the part I get to spend, I spend for my family. Not for some dirtbag to take. I invested too much of my LIFE working for my stuff to let someone walk off with it. Stuff lost in accidents or acts of nature aren't worth crying over, it's just stuff and stuff happens, but I'll be darned if I'm gonna let someone STEAL my stuff cos that can be prevented!
    Vtxdpm likes this.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links