SHTF Scernario..

SHTF Scernario..

This is a discussion on SHTF Scernario.. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I was thinking if you're home & the SHTF as in there are riots out in the street & your city goes into a ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By atctimmy
  • 2 Post By Caertaker
  • 1 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy

Thread: SHTF Scernario..

Question SHTF Scernario..

So I was thinking if you're home & the SHTF as in there are riots out in the street & your city goes into a state of emergency. Would you be able to effectively protect you're home & family & if so how would you do so?

VIP Member
    There are so many variable that there is no one answer. To some (me)the answer was to move to the country and get out of the city. More space, less people means less possibility of a riot.

If you are in a city/neighborhood then there is strength in numbers. You can't beat a riot by yourself but a group of armed and determined neighbors can cause rioters to pick a better place to destroy. Remember the Koreans in the LA riots.
    ItalianSteel and HAGJewels like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

That is an idea there & yes there are a lot of different variables that come into play. Now say you're city goes into lock down & you don't have time to prepare let alone move. now what would you do then?

Agreed. Sometimes you have to abandon poor ground (possibly your home) for better ground (someone else's home or business), especially if its more defendable.

You need to have a plan in place ahead of time to deal with any situation.

Example. If the SHTF , I have enough man power, weapons, and ammo on tap to retake Panama. If I can't get my group of family and close friends together I have enough supplies to keep my family safe. However, enough of us live close together and we can link up by foot if need be. We would t have the whole group, but it would be more than me vs the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense sounds like a effective strategy to me, thanks for you're input. :)

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    There are so many variable that there is no one answer. To some (me)the answer was to move to the country and get out of the city. More space, less people means less possibility of a riot.

If you are in a city/neighborhood then there is strength in numbers. You can't beat a riot by yourself but a group of armed and determined neighbors can cause rioters to pick a better place to destroy. Remember the Koreans in the LA riots.
    Funny you say that as I am looking to pick up a SKS this week/weekend.

EDIT: Found a pretty good video of those same riots:

Remember folks, this was just 20 years ago.

Hahaha have fun with you're SKS ;)

Doesn't hurt to have 1000+ rounds of surplus steel core/copper jacket ammo either! Not a bad local deal at all!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCHEFNICK View Post
    Now say you're city goes into lock down & you don't have time to prepare let alone move. now what would you do then?
    You have today. Go to the store and buy a bag of dry beans and one of rice. Pick up a roll of gauze while your at it. Every time you go grocery shopping pickup a few more cans than you need. Same goes for ammo although that's a bit more problematic atm. More financial resources? Buy a case of Mountain House Beef Stew in #10 Cans and install a couple of 55 gallon drum water storage system in your basement. Don't neglect to accumulate first aid supplies and the knowledge to use them. Move your bookcases to your outside walls and pack the books in tight. Do a self-assement of your home, exercise a little creative thinking and adjust as needed. I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea. People are beginning to shy away from me anyway...
    NavyAirdale and sixgun like this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCHEFNICK View Post
    So I was thinking if you're home & the SHTF as in there are riots out in the street & your city goes into a state of emergency. Would you be able to effectively protect you're home & family & if so how would you do so?
    I'd just grab my shotgun and fire two shots and the rioters would run away.
    perfection likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Lets not forget Katrina. That sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    You have today. Go to the store and buy a bag of dry beans and one of rice. Pick up a roll of gauze while your at it. Every time you go grocery shopping pickup a few more cans than you need. Same goes for ammo although that's a bit more problematic atm. More financial resources? Buy a case of Mountain House Beef Stew in #10 Cans and install a couple of 55 gallon drum water storage system in your basement. Don't neglect to accumulate first aid supplies and the knowledge to use them. Move your bookcases to your outside walls and pack the books in tight. Do a self-assement of your home, exercise a little creative thinking and adjust as needed. I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea. People are beginning to shy away from me anyway...
    Now this sounds like a pretty good idea!!!^^^^

Links