"This is a Glock Block. We don't call 911!"

This is a discussion on "This is a Glock Block. We don't call 911!" within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Communities are taking matters in their own hands to safeguard their neighborhoods. Here is an article on one community in Oregon which is posting signs ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: "This is a Glock Block. We don't call 911!"

"This is a Glock Block. We don't call 911!"

Communities are taking matters in their own hands to safeguard their neighborhoods. Here is an article on one community in Oregon which is posting signs saying, "This is a Glock Block. We don't call 911!"

"This Is A Glock Block" ? Frustrated Homeowners All Over America Are Taking Matters Into Their Own Hands | Zero Hedge

Do you think this idea will spread?

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

Kinda sad that it's coming to this, but not surprising.

Personally, if I were a criminal, I'd be less scared of "Glock Block" than a "1911 Seven-Eleven." But that's me.
    oldman45 and Dennis1209 like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHawk76 View Post
    Communities are taking matters in their own hands to safeguard their neighborhoods. Here is an article on one community in Oregon which is posting signs saying, "This is a Glock Block. We don't call 911!"

"This Is A Glock Block" ? Frustrated Homeowners All Over America Are Taking Matters Into Their Own Hands | Zero Hedge

Do you think this idea will spread?
    I think it has been for sometime now.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

yeah it's a Glock Block till someone shoots a cable installer, or religious door knocker. Or when nothing happens people will get bored, and put the gun on the top shelf until Christmass when it'll befound at the local gun or pawn shop for sale.

I would think if I was one of the BGs casing that neighborhood that might cause me to think twice. Of course, the usual "neighborhood watch" signs might be cause enough for someone so inclined to look for another neighborhood!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    yeah it's a Glock Block till someone shoots a cable installer, or religious door knocker. Or when nothing happens people will get bored, and put the gun on the top shelf until Christmass when it'll befound at the local gun or pawn shop for sale.
    It would be most unfortunate if someone shot a cable installer....
    Secret Spuk and atctimmy like this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

hope they get training and make good decisions..

Neighborhood watch signs don't do squat, they don't pay any attention to them (several high crime hoods around me that have those signs all over the place).

Next, there have been several news reports in the area about criminals who are pretending to be either cable installers, or power company workers. In one case a man convinced a woman that he was there to check the power meter (seemed reasonable after the storms knocked out power a few days before). She took him around back to see the meter. While at the meter she became suspicious and asked to see some identification. The man took off and jumped into a waiting van. It turned out the accomplice waited for them to go around back and he ran into the house and stole her purse off the table.

Food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the economy of cities, townships, and counties continue to default in the future, I think this will become much more prevalent.
    StormRhydr and blitzburgh like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

You can still love your 1911's...even after you get a gun that actually runs. Like a G 19
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Kinda sad that it's coming to this, but not surprising.

Personally, if I were a criminal, I'd be less scared of "Glock Block" than a "1911 Seven-Eleven." But that's me.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    ...Why? (j/k)

VIP Member
    But those dish guys need killed real bad!!!
    RoadRunner71 and hkusp9f like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I'm all in favor of responsible citizens defending themselves rather than relying on the "slow-po" to get there in time to help. The only issue I struggle with is making a public announcement that there are guns in the neighborhood. Not sure if it falls more on the side of prevention of crime or potential targeting by BGs.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    You can still love your 1911's...even after you get a gun that actually runs. Like a G 19
    Actually I don't have any 1911's. Just saying that, from a criminal's perspective, a bunch of 1911 owners would be more frightening to me. Glocks are the everyman's gun; relatively few people spend the extra money on a 1911 if they're not serious shooters. Plus many 1911 people are certifiably insane.

Oooh, how about this: "we start with 911 and then we add one thousand."
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Jet me guess.... your the cable guy...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links