Senior citizens still targets for carjackers

This is a discussion on Senior citizens still targets for carjackers within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; GARY | A 65-year-old man was reportedly carjacked while at a gas station in the 3200 block of West 4th Avenue early Monday morning. The ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gene83

Thread: Senior citizens still targets for carjackers

Distinguished Member

GARY | A 65-year-old man was reportedly carjacked while at a gas station in the 3200 block of West 4th Avenue early Monday morning.
    The incident occurred around midnight, according to reports. Police said the victim got out of his vehicle when he was approached by a man armed with a small handgun. The victim told police the man pointed the gun at him and demanded money. Read the full story here at GaryCommunity.com

Next time your fellow old geezer friends call you paranoid for carrying a gun in your car you can remind them that senior citizens still make attractive targets to armed carjackers. If it can happen in Gary, IN, the home of the Music Man, it can happen anywhere. This is a good time to remind everyone to make sure you are aware of your surroundings at all time, especially at night when the bogey man comes out. Keep your gun handy and be wary of any stranger. As an old mentor once told me. "When you see a stranger, start planning on how to kill him .". Harsh words but he was a hard nosed guy who knew how to survive in dangerous places. While we are plan to stop, rather than kill these days, there is a message in what he said.

The message is to always be prepared to do whatever it takes to defend or save yourself, whether that is knowing where the emergency exits are in a restaurant or keeping your car between you and a stranger approaching you. Whatever it is you need to do, you need to do more than just let things happen because you are not situational aware. All too often some leave their guns in their car when exiting to get gas or run into a mini-mart to buy a bottle of milk. Sometimes a gun is carried in such a way on your body or in the car that it is impossible or difficult to get to it if approached by someone with a gun with minimal warning. The last thing we want to do is to have our options taken away from us because the first sign of trouble was when we found ourselves staring down the barrel of the gun. Do not be one of those people who think that just having a gun around wards off evil. A gun is useless unless you can put it into play quickly. It is nothing without your ability to use it effectively.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

Senior citizens are a target for everything. Once you celebrate your 65th birthday, the scam artists crawl from beneath every rock. My voice mail is filled with offers for alarm systems, pre-planned funerals, insurance policies, annuities, financial planning, mobility chairs, emergency call buttons, and on and on and on.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    They are calling me too soon then . I get that crap now .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    They are calling me too soon then . I get that crap now .
    Have your phone company download the "I'm not 65 yet" software. That will stop the calls.
    kaikane0812 likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Sponsored Links