Criminals targeting cars to find firearms

This is a discussion on Criminals targeting cars to find firearms within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So hundreds of guns are being stolen out of cars. Particularly at locations where gunowners are prohibited from carrying and have to leave it in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Criminals targeting cars to find firearms

So hundreds of guns are being stolen out of cars. Particularly at locations where gunowners are prohibited from carrying and have to leave it in the car. And the police's lame solution is for you simply not bring your gun with you in the car at all. At least the news guy suggested the lock box... I always use my standard cabled gun lock to lock it to something solid on the underside of the seat. How about you??

Criminals Getting Hundreds Of Firearms From Legal Gun Owners | FOX2now.com

I use a sturdy lockbox bolted to my vehicles. I also have a cabled lockbox. .. still hate to leave my carry gun in the car.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I do not go where I can not carry, or I stay in the vehicle while my wife is in the store,

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I have a locked safe with a cable attached to the underside of my seat. I'd like to say that I just don't go anywhere where I can't carry, but that would be too impractical.
    jem102 likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    I don't leave guns in my car, so they can move along.
    stylus likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Bill340 View Post
    I do not go where I can not carry, or I stay in the vehicle while my wife is in the store,
    This is a hard one...In my case, if my wife insists on going somewhere that I can't carry I will lock the gun in the car with a cable lock and go in the store ONLY because I want to be able to protect her. Leaving her to the wolves is not a good choice either. I have a knife and pepper spray with me for this.
    Last edited by perfection; June 28th, 2013 at 06:47 PM. Reason: typo

Yes, I have a cabled lock box in my car. And I would like to mention that I noticed two empty parking spaces with shattered glass in them the last time I went to cabela's, and the first thing that entered my mind was that someone broke into the vehicles looking for guns.

I just put pro gun control stickers on my car. I add a "Baby on Board" and "I Brake for Rainbows and Unicorns" for good measure.

There are not many places in Georgia that I can't carry, but if I can't carry it a government bldg, I put it il a lock bock with a cable to the seat frame.
    perfection likes this.

VIP Member
    Guns??? What guns???
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    Sure, some of them. Always have, always will. And given how non-urgent many folks treat car alarm sirens, it's altogether too likely to be something they get away with.

Solution for me is, 99.8% of the time: Carry on my person, going only to where it's lawful for me to carry. Works very well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Newer vehicle: Lockbox and cable. Older (without inside trunk release button/lever): trunk. Can be done real quick like and without looking suspicious.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I have a cable/lockbox in my truck that I use on the rare occasion that I have to stop somewhere that I cannot carry, but that is only for a few minutes at a time and I generally can see my vehicle. Also, I don't park it anywhere that is not busy and public. Theft is just another reason that I do NOT have any NRA or gun related decals or bumper stickers on my vehicles.
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

The best and only real solution is to do away with gun free zones

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Lock box with cable huh ........ one screwdriver and a hammer and one hard tap in the sweet spot and your cable box pops right open faster than if you had a key...so good luck with that......
    squid86 and BadgerJ like this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links