More airline passengers showing up with guns

This is a discussion on More airline passengers showing up with guns within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Interesting article for us CCers. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...07-02-16-07-26 Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: More airline passengers showing up with guns

More airline passengers showing up with guns

Interesting article for us CCers.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...07-02-16-07-26

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I want one of them guns with 15 bullets in the chamber! You can tell an anti-gunner from as far away as you can hear them or read what they write. A gun class should be required for everyone who speaks publicly about them.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I want one of them guns with 15 bullets in the chamber! You can tell an anti-gunner from as far away as you can hear them or read what they write. A gun class should be required for everyone who speaks publicly about them.
    LOL, I think you mis-read that... they're saying 15 of the guns were chambered.... with bullets... I guess as opposed to with peanuts.

"The TSA set a record in May for the most guns seized in one week - 65 in all, 45 of them loaded and 15 with bullets in the chamber and ready to be fired."
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

I wonder how many of the people are new concealed carriers and how many of them tried to sound badass to the TSA agent saying "Hey, it's alright, I have my concealed carry permit!!"

LOL

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

I keep reading and finding really odd stuff... COMPLETELY BLIND?

Most of those who are stopped with guns are reluctant to talk about it afterward. One who didn't mind was Raymond Whitehead, 53, of Santa Fe, N.M., who was arrested at Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey in May after screeners spotted 10 hollow-point bullets in his carry-on bag. Whitehead, who is completely blind, also had a .38 caliber Charter Arms revolver in his checked bag that he had failed to declare. He said in an interview with the AP that he was unaware of the specifics of the rules for checking guns, or that hollow-point bullets are illegal in New Jersey.

"Hey, it's alright, I have my concealed carry permit!!"

You just know there a some jerk out there who tried that line! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; July 8th, 2013 at 10:01 AM.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Some people are just so ( insert string of cuss words) stupid.

It worries me that a blind guy feels that he can just let off 5 rounds in a general direction if he feels threatened, how would he ever know what is behind his target? Sounds like a recipe for disaster, yes it's his right to carry, but common sense tells me he would be safer with a different protection device (Mace, etc)

Gary

From the linked article:

Airports in the South and the West, where the American gun culture is strongest, had the greatest number of guns intercepted, according to TSA data.

"There are some Americans who believe that there are no limits, that they not only have a constitutional but a God-given right to have a gun and `By gosh, if I want to bring a gun on a plane I'm going to do it,'" said Spitzer, a professor at the State University of New York-Cortland.

Something about the professor's comment rubs me the wrong way. Reminds me of the "bitter clinger" thing.
    "In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.....those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
    -Clint Eastwood "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"

This is a very real problem we have at Love Field here in Dallas. Love Field is located in west central Dallas between Mockingbird Lane and Lovers Lane (no I am not kidding) and is mostly in state short haul commercial or private flights. They have a common problem with people who have CHLs who are traveling by air without leaving the state just carrying their gun on them through security. At one point last year they were catching something like one person a month.

Unfortunately, they don't get to fly, but they do get to take a trip...to jail.
    Snub44 likes this.

With all the anti gun hysteria out there I can't imagine so many people thinking they can just get on a filght carrying a pistol. Where have these people been living? Especially since 911. They won't even let most pilots carry, even after the 911 insanity. Pilot carry would probably have stopped that attack cold and saved this country trillions of dollars, the World Trade Center, 2000+ lives, the Pentagon, and three airliners. Yeah right. Joe Honest Citizen is going to be allowed on a commercial flight with a pistol. Geez! Where are people's minds? May the blood of the 911 victims be required of the anti gunners and their supporters.

Deo Vindice!
    Starznbars

It still cracks me up to see the PILOTS go through TSA.....??!!! Does TSA really think they are going to stop them from taking over a plane? They are the ones flying it!!!!......
    rayporsche likes this.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky109 View Post
    It still cracks me up to see the PILOTS go through TSA.....??!!! Does TSA really think they are going to stop them from taking over a plane? They are the ones flying it!!!!......
    Like the EgyptAir flight back in the late 90s where the pilot intentionally flew the plane into the ocean while repeating "Allahu Akbar" over and over again?

Don't worry TSA is on the job...

Quote Originally Posted by thrasherg View Post
    It worries me that a blind guy feels that he can just let off 5 rounds in a general direction if he feels threatened, how would he ever know what is behind his target? Sounds like a recipe for disaster, yes it's his right to carry, but common sense tells me he would be safer with a different protection device (Mace, etc)
    I'm presuming the average "blind" guy appreciates the utility of contact distances when eyeballs ain't working. For example, much like the gun was used in the Z/TM situation (trial going on now). "Spray and pray" is bad for anyone, including the blind. But it can be just as effective when close-in as anyone else finds it.

Can't imagine just because a gun can fire at distance, and can be sprayed/prayed along, that it would be likely to be used that way by default. Particular for someone who can't see and knows there are plenty of innocents over there as well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links