Do You Have A Dedicated Nightstand Gun?

This is a discussion on Do You Have A Dedicated Nightstand Gun? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A lot of people have a gun that they keep by their bed at night. Some use their EDC gun, some have a gun that ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Do You Have A Dedicated Nightstand Gun?

Do You Have A Dedicated Nightstand Gun?

A lot of people have a gun that they keep by their bed at night. Some use their EDC gun, some have a gun that stays by the bed all day and comes out at night. Some use only a long gun for overnight SD.

What do you do? How do you have your night gun set up that makes it different than your EDC (or do you?)

I have a Sig P229 in 9mm with a CDC laser grip and a TLR-1 light that stays in the nightstand during the day and on top of it at night. It's the only DA/SA I still deploy, as it is the gun for the only environment in which I don't have to worry about innocent bystanders; any target overnight in the house is going to be a bad guy. I also have a 870 Police next to the bed as well.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    i have my CC in a secure box in my nightstand and a remington 870 under the bed. i would like to get a bigger pistol for my nightstand. i carry a smaller caliber because its easier to conceal, since i dont have to worry about concealing it i would like to get a full size gun with more rounds and a bigger punch. i would love to have a 1911 dedicated to being my nightstand gun, just gotta save up my funds.
    Zeebra724 likes this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Several. My EDC SW40VE, an sks, two 12 ga with 00buck, one model 60 semi auto 22 rife. All within reach of myself or my wife, all loaded chambered, reload sleeves on both 12 ga. Ten loaded speed strips for the SKS. Model 60 is just extra insurance or night time varmint control. No lazers gun mounted lights. Have flashlights for her and me of course but not mounted on my guns thanks.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    One that i have, for whatever reason,i seem to shoot better than anything else i have.It's the full size M&P40,which is a bit big for me to conceal.So it's the one i keep near me at night.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    I have a safe on my headboard, I unlock it when I lay down, lock it again when I get up in the morning.

Sig Sauer P250C 9mm with tac light. 15 + 1 Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP. Very accurate & über reliable.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JulesWinnfield View Post
    Sig Sauer P250C 9mm with tac light. 15 + 1 Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP. Very accurate & über reliable.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    I don't use it for a night gun but I couldn't be happier with my P250C 9mm. Sig has had a lot of flops lately in their new gun offerings. The P250 is not one of them. It's a very good firearm.

MJK
    Benelli M4 bedside ready for immediate deployment.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Right now my EDC (G17) is my nightstand gun; when the boys are older I would like to have my Remington 1187 ready under the bed and my MAK90 ready to go in the closet...

My ccw sleeps under my pillow. Ruger P89 loaded with home rolled 124 gn xtp.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds dearly the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Glock 17 gen 4 with a TLR-1 attached on my nightstand. Glock 26 gen 4 on the wife's nightstand. These stay on our nihgtstands for HD as I EDC other firearms.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Commander .45 well hidden yet easy and quick to reach and whatever my carry piece may be for that day

Distinguished Member
    All of this is good, but if you don't have a good dog that will let you know when somebody is in the house then you are one step behind the others. Even the ankle biters will let you know if somebody is in the house.
    Smarshe, OD*, mook012 and 2 others like this.
    GOA Member
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

CZ 75 P01 , 870 an wife has her .642
    GhostMaker likes this.

Sure do, Beretta Cougar .45 acp under my pillow.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links