DOJ recommendations for home security

This is a discussion on DOJ recommendations for home security within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; An older publication for police by the DOJ regarding household burglary... includes some studies and references... Costs have come don for video surveillance since published... ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By BugDude
  • 1 Post By BugDude

Thread: DOJ recommendations for home security

An older publication for police by the DOJ regarding household burglary... includes some studies and references... Costs have come don for video surveillance since published... But still some valuable information generally...

Link to DOJ PDF
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Good read. I'm a little ahead of the curve with cellular/battery back-up monitored security system, contacts on all doors and windows, glass break detector, and motion detectors inside and my recent DVR and cameras inside and out. I can monitor them from my phone or any PC, and playback DVR recorded material remotely. When out of town my neighbor said I can call his cell anytime and he will go check it out. They are retired and usually around. I'm hooking him up with the company that installed my camera system.
    oakchas and JPeterson like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I have cameras and reinforced the doors so far, but am looking for good window sensors.

Not overly paranoid...our neighborhood is just changing a bit these days!
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Good read. I'm a little ahead of the curve with cellular/battery back-up monitored security system, contacts on all doors and windows, glass break detector, and motion detectors inside and my recent DVR and cameras inside and out. I can monitor them from my phone or any PC, and playback DVR recorded material remotely. When out of town my neighbor said I can call his cell anytime and he will go check it out. They are retired and usually around. I'm hooking him up with the company that installed my camera system.
    If you don't mind me asking, who are you using for alarm monitoring, and are you happy with them? I'm looking to upgrade from the very basic hard line monitored system to cell.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeterson View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, who are you using for alarm monitoring, and are you happy with them? I'm looking to upgrade from the very basic hard line monitored system to cell.
    Guardian. They've been great.
    JPeterson likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Links