New Haven homeless man. Home invader/rapist.

This is a discussion on New Haven homeless man. Home invader/rapist. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The victim's roommates heard the commotion, called 911. They should have called after they stopped him... But no... Story: http://nhregister.com/articles/2013/...mobredir=false Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rugergunner
  • 2 Post By oakchas

Thread: New Haven homeless man. Home invader/rapist.

The victim's roommates heard the commotion, called 911.

They should have called after they stopped him... But no...

Story: http://nhregister.com/articles/2013/...mobredir=false

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

This is one of those cases that NEEDED some gun violence.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    This is one of those cases that NEEDED some gun violence.
    Or at least roommates willing to help protect one another..
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

New Member Array youu_whoo_whoo's Avatar
    If it was a Yale owned appartment then it's not likely that they had a firearm to access.

This is sad the roommates not helping the victim. The perpetrator released after doing a fraction of a lenient sentence for previous burglaries and a previous rape. At least these police arrived in time to stop the crime.Aside from the police it sounds like the world on the other side of the looking glass.

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Yale huh? Does not surprise me any. More than likely, they are a bunch of panty-waist intellectuals who look and sound great within the confines of a classroom, but in all actuality, are basically pointless in a survival situation. Their minds have been conditioned to not fight back, but to sit and take the beating until help arrives...hopefully in time to stop the assailant before they finish the job. Useless people.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Or at least roommates willing to help protect one another..
    Kindof a touchy subject, IMO.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    Yes, it's a touchy subject. One that needs to be "touched on" a whole lot more....

IINM, Yale is one of the schools pushing "non-consensual sex" for women who may be too inebriated our otherwise impaired, to consent...Rather than the charge of rape...

And then, there's the question of whether the roommates should have all gotten together and vomited, or urinated on the perpetrator....

Or, smashed his skull in with a lamp, a rock, a vase, our any other blunt object to hand. THEN calling 911.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    sdprof and rugergunner like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    I'm a bit confused.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Wondered two things :

1. Why didn't the roommates help out when he was trying to force his way in ?

2. Wonder if this will make some Yale students to rethink their stance on self-defense and gun control issues ?

Did she forgot her rape whistle ??

I've talked to and known some women who have been raped... one who had a nice scar from when he cut her throat some , to let her know he was serious ..... when he was holding the knife to her throat.
    Long story ... but the short of it, years later is when I came to know her, the next 3 men that broke into her house while she was in the shower, and were there to rape her..... all 3 were shot.... 1 killed, 1 in critical condition and the 3rd was wounded and running with a heavy limp.... and leaving a blood trail that made it easy to find him. Another incident, a man broke into her house, gun in hand.... hired by her EX to kill her, and he ended up shot and dead as well.

Enough said.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Wow, what great roommates.

Considering the locale, it's no wonder it wasn't a 9-1-1 call to report a subdued/dead perp.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

So YOU tell me.... why do we keep electing people from only Yale & Harvard? The last two in the white house have not impressed me overly much with their smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by rugergunner View Post
    Yale huh? Does not surprise me any. More than likely, they are a bunch of panty-waist intellectuals who look and sound great within the confines of a classroom, but in all actuality, are basically pointless in a survival situation. Their minds have been conditioned to not fight back, but to sit and take the beating until help arrives...hopefully in time to stop the assailant before they finish the job. Useless people.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    So YOU tell me.... why do we keep electing people from only Yale & Harvard? The last two in the white house have not impressed me overly much with their smarts.

I don't know for sure, but I've heard it has something to do with "Skull and Bones." And, IINM, in the Presidential election prior to Obama v Biden, our choice would have been between two members of that organization.. Kerry v Bush.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links