Why should all lawful and legal residents carry....here is a perfect example....

This is a discussion on Why should all lawful and legal residents carry....here is a perfect example.... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Only in Massachusetts.... Reasons like this are why I insist my wife conceal carries whenever she leaves the house..... Too many bad guys out there ...

Thread: Why should all lawful and legal residents carry....here is a perfect example....

Why should all lawful and legal residents carry....here is a perfect example....

Only in Massachusetts.... Reasons like this are why I insist my wife conceal carries whenever she leaves the house.....
    Too many bad guys out there for the State and Boston police to be fighting over whose area it is.....

Gypsy cab driver picks woman up along South Boston waterfront, rapes her, State Police don't tell anyone

The Herald reports on the Aug. 6 attack in which a woman got into a cab on Northern Avenue, then got driven to Newton and raped.

The Herald quotes a State Police spokesman as saying, oops, yeah, they sat on the news because of an ongoing jurisdictional dispute with Boston Police over who gets to patrol the waterfront, at a time when women in South Boston are already on edge thanks to the murder and other attacks for which Edwin Alemany has been charged and a separate attack on a woman in Fort Point.

State Police, who during the same period found the time to tweet about truck surfing on the Expressway and the beer truck in Charlestown, have been locked in a dispute with Boston Police for years over who gets to patrol the large swaths of the South Boston waterfront owned by Massport, land that was once used mostly for holding and shipping cargo but which now houses bars, restaurants and hotels, and, soon, large numbers of apartments.

In 2011, State Police boycotted a City Council hearing at which Boston Police officials charged the staties had impeded criminal investigations in the area and said it was time the state legislature let Boston take full control of the area as it transforms from a seaport into a residential district.
    ----------------------------------------
    Mike

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    A women gets her life ruined because some stupid beurocratic debate. Gotta love politics. The state police should have jurisdiction anywhere in the state unless the city PD is on the scene and have claimed command of the situation. This is so stupid. I feel sorry for the lady and her family.

VIP Member
    What KnuckleHeads
    Member of the NRA
    Gun Safety is Life Safety
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

Gee, Do you think the woman and her family may be candidates for anger management classes?

I would have thought the Boston newspapers should have been all over this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Links