"DEA: Get on the ground!!!"

This is a discussion on "DEA: Get on the ground!!!" within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, in Des Moines, Iowa, fake DEA agents invade a home... present a list of items sought... Probably a drug house anyway... But BGs can ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: "DEA: Get on the ground!!!"

"DEA: Get on the ground!!!"

So, in Des Moines, Iowa, fake DEA agents invade a home... present a list of items sought...

Probably a drug house anyway... But BGs can get the wrong address much easier than the DEA or other LE agency can... And on occasion the GGs get the wrong house.

Story Here
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    So, in Des Moines, Iowa, fake DEA agents invade a home... present a list of items sought...

Probably a drug house anyway... But BGs can get the wrong address much easier than the DEA or other LE agency can... And on occasion the GGs get the wrong house.

Story Here
    When the intent is violent mayhem, there are no wrong addresses. What makes you think it was a drug house?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Hit the wrong house get a 12 gauge reception.
    CIBMike, NONAME762, 84160 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    When the intent is violent mayhem, there are no wrong addresses. What makes you think it was a drug house?
    Well, interesting you should ask that... You see, quite frequently when I post home invasions, someone chimes in with "they probably knew the perps." or "something fishy here." Or, some other quip which makes the poster feel more comfortable that it won't ever happen to him/her.

That's not to say that the items I post are always innocent victims... But, I cull a tremendous number of stories to get to the ones I do post... Yes, it is possible that the victims are known by the perps (most home invasions are, BTW), even quite possible that some of the defenders are criminals themselves... So, when the perps ask for drugs, or seem to know where the stash (of cash, guns, or drugs) is then it is likely that the perp knows the sought after items are there, from experience.

So, as a public service, I just included the disclaimer up front... save some people some time, you see.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Well, interesting you should ask that... You see, quite frequently when I post home invasions, someone chimes in with "they probably knew the perps." or "something fishy here." Or, some other quip which makes the poster feel more comfortable that it won't ever happen to him/her.

That's not to say that the items I post are always innocent victims... But, I cull a tremendous number of stories to get to the ones I do post... Yes, it is possible that the victims are known by the perps (most home invasions are, BTW), even quite possible that some of the defenders are criminals themselves... So, when the perps ask for drugs, or seem to know where the stash (of cash, guns, or drugs) is then it is likely that the perp knows the sought after items are there, from experience.

So, as a public service, I just included the disclaimer up front... save some people some time, you see.
    Makes perfect sense. Thanks.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    If I had known you were going to be posting a PSA, it would have saved me the time of reading the article. Anyway, thanks for the heads up.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    A wrong address, a wrong house, fake officers, what ever else one can come up with, any form of resistence will likely end up with the homeowner laying dead.

Several years ago, some real agents raided a remote large estate. The home owner heard the door break in and grabbed his handgun. The agents shot and he died. Later it was learned he was not into drugs but the county wanted his property due to the size and all they needed to do was find a small amount of illegal drugs. They were unable to find anything iillegal and he is dead.

Is resisting worth dying over? It might be fake guys but you will still be dead. It likely would be real LEO and you are still dead.

Would I draw down on intruders? Heck yes I would but I would also shield myself until everyone was properly identified. There are ways of seeking cover and not just concealment.
    SCXDm9 likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    There are ways of seeking cover and not just concealment.
    I can't think of a single bit of cover in my home. Care to elaborate?
    RTF_Squared likes this.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    I can't think of a single bit of cover in my home. Care to elaborate?
    Well, I am sorry but I do not recall ever being in your home.

In mine, I have a lot of large, heavy, real wood furniture. Getting behind a large chest of drawers, or a metal gun safe would be good cover. A strong verbal command would serve to properly identify the intruders. However, a sheet rock wall would be concealment and not cover. Most people do not look for concealment in advance. Planning ahead is always a good plan.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

i dont do any illegal activities and i know for a fact cops or dea wouldnt be coming to raid my house. so if something like that happen i would obviously know something would be up these and fellas would be getting 223 and 556 rounds right to the chest!
    CIBMike likes this.

A wrong address, a wrong house, fake officers, what ever else one can come up with, any form of resistence will likely end up with the homeowner laying dead.

Several years ago, some real agents raided a remote large estate. The home owner heard the door break in and grabbed his handgun. The agents shot and he died. Later it was learned he was not into drugs but the county wanted his property due to the size and all they needed to do was find a small amount of illegal drugs. They were unable to find anything iillegal and he is dead.

Is resisting worth dying over? It might be fake guys but you will still be dead. It likely would be real LEO and you are still dead.

Would I draw down on intruders? Heck yes I would but I would also shield myself until everyone was properly identified. There are ways of seeking cover and not just concealment.

yes my family is worth dying over. im the only guy in my house with a girlfriend and little girl. ill do everything i can to make sure no one gets past me or my girlfriend

Well, I am sorry but I do not recall ever being in your home.

In mine, I have a lot of large, heavy, real wood furniture. Getting behind a large chest of drawers, or a metal gun safe would be good cover. A strong verbal command would serve to properly identify the intruders. However, a sheet rock wall would be concealment and not cover. Most people do not look for concealment in advance. Planning ahead is always a good plan.
    Sorry, I took your wording as if you were offering advice, and it got me thinking. A safe sounds good, and could stop some rounds. Other than that, I've got nothing. I don't think trust any wooden furniture to stop a round. I have seen videos of bird shot chewing through a refrigerator, so that's out. I checked Google and saw a few opinions that a full freezer may offer cover. Scary how little cover there is in most homes. ... And now I'm way off topic, my bad.

We talked a few months ago about cover walls filled with cement, concrete or gravel, then sheeted with cement board or hardibacker. Lots of work but if it saves a life....
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

...too much work, I'd rather borrow a couple of oldman45s gun safes!!! for the children, of course...

I'm probably gonna get some flak for this but... If it truly was a drug house inhabited by criminals and its raided by rival criminals, I find it difficult to consider the homeowners victims of crime. The way I see when criminals suffer at the hands of criminals, they are reaping what they sow.
    CIBMike likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links