HD Pistol Target, 10 yards

This is a discussion on HD Pistol Target, 10 yards within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is from my Friday range trip. This is 2 mags rapid fire in well under 1 minute from my Home Defense Pistol from 10 ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By BugDude
  • 1 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By farronwolf

Thread: HD Pistol Target, 10 yards

HD Pistol Target, 10 yards

This is from my Friday range trip. This is 2 mags rapid fire in well under 1 minute from my Home Defense Pistol from 10 yards. It's a Springfield XDm-9. 19 round mags. It is very easy to get back on target and a smooth shooter.
    Attached Images
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Good job that will work

If that doesn't do it the solution is not a pistol.

Everyone knows the 9mm is an underpowered round. Put that tupperware down and get out the double fisted snubby action!

In all seriousness that works by my standards! I like the XD pistols. I bought one as a comparable pistol to Glock for reliability. It is a XD40. I like it, wife shoots it well. It does not like fiocchi ammo for some reason but is flawless with EVERYTHING else.

You carrying that these days? Good shootin, should get the job done, pending Zombie hoard.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Everyone knows the 9mm is an underpowered round. Put that tupperware down and get out the double fisted snubby action!

In all seriousness that works by my standards! I like the XD pistols. I bought one as a comparable pistol to Glock for reliability. It is a XD40. I like it, wife shoots it well. It does not like fiocchi ammo for some reason but is flawless with EVERYTHING else.

You carrying that these days? Good shootin, should get the job done, pending Zombie hord.
    No, this is purely HD. I typically carry a Springfield XD40sc...which I shoot accurately, just not quite as fast on the follow-up shots. For HD I wanted speed, accuracy, and capacity. This seems to fit the bill perfectly and it shares a lot of shooting characteristics of my carry gun. I can lay down a blanket of lead real quick like with this baby and put it where I want with very little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    No, this is purely HD. I typically carry a Springfield XD40sc...which I shoot accurately, just not quite as fast on the follow-up shots. For HD I wanted speed, accuracy, and capacity. This seems to fit the bill perfectly and it shares a lot of shooting characteristics of my carry gun. I can lay down a blanket of lead real quick like with this baby and put it where I want with very little effort.
    If I were not so restricted in this forsaken state, capacity would be a consideration. As it is limited, it plays less of a role. Looks lime it'll serve you well.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    If I were not so restricted in this forsaken state, capacity would be a consideration. As it is limited, it plays less of a role. Looks lime it'll serve you well.
    Life is too short to live somewhere that sucks.

"Nice shooting there, Tex."
    Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm
    "Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?"

Looks like you assaulted that target with that assault pistol......
    BugDude likes this.

He's dead, but don't trip and break your neck on all the brass that is laying on the living room floor if this happens in real life.
    BugDude likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Links