Stand your ground extended in sc

This is a discussion on Stand your ground extended in sc within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Father not charged in slaying...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GraySkies
  • 2 Post By GlassWolf

Thread: Stand your ground extended in sc

Stand your ground extended in sc

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to DC.

This is not a good ruling. You are responsible for every bullet that leaves your gun, and you MUST be sure of your target. From what has been publicly reported in this case, clearly, the individual in the car was NOT presenting any immediate threat of death or great bodily injury to the shooter or anyone he was defending. He shot without identifying his target. I wasn't there, and maybe the situation would look different if I was, but it doesn't sound like the judge got this one right.

If we want stand your ground laws to go away quickly, this kind of ruling will help that along quite well.
    NightOwl76 likes this.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Not enough information. What was a 15 year old doing at a night club after 12am, and what was this 17 year old doing sitting in a parked car after 12am as well? I'm not buying that it was coinsidence. I work armed security in SC, and I know what these kids are like. After 12am, our jab is pretty much pepper spray and riot control at these clubs every single night.
    I can't tell you how often we're shot at, or people try to run us down with their cars, etc. There have been numerous cases in just the past 3 to 5 years of our company having to return fire at individuals, and at vehicles in night club parking lots. Columbia, Greenville, etc are all hotbeds of gang activity with a confluence of Bloods, Cryps, and Folk Nation, along with a lot of smaller splinter groups all fighting for territory.
    linlady and Aceoky like this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Links