Home Defense

This is a discussion on Home Defense within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My questions is tell us what you carry or if you carry while at home..with or without your family...do you change guns or carry style ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Home Defense

Home Defense

My questions is tell us what you carry or if you carry while at home..with or without your family...do you change guns or carry style when at home? Do you keep it in the same holster? Or do you switch to a different holster? If when you get home you feel the need to take the gun off your hip..what do you use to feel safe? If you have a wife that does not carry a handgun at all, Do you leave a handgun in a none spot(safe or vault or anywhere hidden) Or do you rely on your gun to protect your family?
    ArmyCop likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Off my hip when I am at home, but within easy reach. Unless my grandkids are around. Then it goes up high. Not as easy to get to, but still reasonably accessible.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

If you dont mind me asking why does it leave your hip?

Beretta Px4 Subcompact 9mm

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berettapx4 View Post
    If you dont mind me asking why does it leave your hip?

Comfort and submitting to my wife's preference. When she's not around and I am not lounging around I usually keep it on.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Mine is on me when I leave work till I go to bed.. then right next to me at night
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Gerry
    Ft Collins

I carry while at home IWB at the 8 o clock position until I go to bed.Then the Mossberg 500c pistol grip takes over.
    In loving memory of my son Trey. *Aug 28 1982- Sept 1 2004*
    Gone from our home but not from our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by 84160 View Post
    Mine is on me when I leave work till I go to bed.. then right next to me at night
    How do u go about having it next to u at night? Special holster or just on the nightstand?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    Comfort and submitting to my wife's preference. When she's not around and I am not lounging around I usually keep it on.
    Ok makes sense..i defintly understand with the kids around putting it up..and it does all depend on where u live..

I carrry when I am at home, however, I carry tucked with an IWB, but at home, I untuck my shirt for easier access.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

My wife and I both carry including at home. When we go to bed, my 1911 and pocket BUG go one my nightstand and my wife's S&W J-frame .357 magnum goes on her nightstand. Our two dogs are our early warning system. Other long guns are available.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

I do not carry in my home. I do have dogs and motion detectors for early warning and guns are located at more than one point in the home. No children at home.

I carry while at home and my holster (and weapon) doesn't come off until it's time to crash. G32 most of the time, 1911 here and there.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I carry @ home same as everywhere else the laws allow. I usually have another 1911 within reach besides the one IWB . With home invasions seeming to me to be on the rise- thinking of "Mr T" LOL
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Nothing changes for me when I get home. Carry the same as I do anywhere else I am allowed.
    Ksgunner likes this.

Live in retirement community with 24 hr guarded gate which is only way in. Low target area away from masses. Have alarm small dog who wont let anyone even close without letting us know. Leave weapons loaded on nightstand in bio vault only close it when grandkids present. Feel pretty safe we hardly ever go out at night.
    tdave and NONAME762 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links