Best Home Defense Concealment

This is a discussion on Best Home Defense Concealment within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello fellow gun enthusiasts, My name is Braden Cluff and I am 16 years old. I started a company called KingConcealment. Ive have been making ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By KingConcealment
  • 2 Post By 5lima30ret

Thread: Best Home Defense Concealment

New Member Array KingConcealment's Avatar

Best Home Defense Concealment

Hello fellow gun enthusiasts,
    My name is Braden Cluff and I am 16 years old. I started a company called KingConcealment. Ive have been making concealment boxes for years for friends, cogallery 5.JPGworkers and fellow gun enthusiast. Over that time I have standardized on some nice frames and functional hardware. My goal is to keep people safe, and build a college fund!

I would surely appreciate some feedback!
    Email me at kingconcealment@gmail.com

For more information email me for web site info.
    Darrow75, dangerranger and darbo like this.

2. Remove Ads

Nice work.

Google found your site easily. I like the slider option.

You might consider using metal and at least a combo lock of sorts. I think most people that have kids or any kids in their house at some point would have an issue with a loaded gun hiding behind a thin frame.

Having at least some resistance to accidental discovery would be welcome.

Good for you starting off right at an early age.

Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

Nice work. I've been thinking of building something like this when I am no longer renting come spring time. I was thinking of a larger full sized mirror so I could mount a rifle behind it. I've seen one on the Internets that has the sliders like yours.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Very cool idea! And a nice web site! DR

Nice work! Our country's future is much brighter with youth like you!
    Joey and JeepThing like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Great idea, and nice work. Good luck!

This is a great idea, and I wish you every success in your endeavor.

However --- and this is a HUGE however --- when our house was burgled a couple of months ago, the thief took every picture and mirror off the wall, looking for concealed safes. That's just a caveat... I'd not purchase one of these, knowing what I know about the way thieves operate.

I got one like this from my LGS for my last house. It was made to fit between 16 inch O.C. studs, but was an all metal box that allowed it to be secured with 'security screws' (non-standard screws requiring a screwdriver with a special head) to the studs while open.
    The door was also metal with a strong piano hinge and a strong key latch. The door fit into an inset to cause difficulty if trying to defeat it and it was painted white.

It was not meant to be a 'wall-safe', just decent security for quick access to a sidearm, light, etc. Cost me $60. in 2006 and well worth it.
    Perhaps painting and adding a lock to various metal 'breaker boxes' would make a decent lock box for an accessible firearm in an area inconvenient to the safe.
    I could see this being very handy for most anyone with children, etc.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Links