Dateline: Detroit...Subject: Carjacking

This is a discussion on Dateline: Detroit...Subject: Carjacking within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...jacking-victim I think there's a few good points to ponder in this article on carjacking in Detroit. I'm sure the Chief of Police is gonna ...

Thread: Dateline: Detroit...Subject: Carjacking

Dateline: Detroit...Subject: Carjacking

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...jacking-victim

I think there's a few good points to ponder in this article on carjacking in Detroit. I'm sure the Chief of Police is gonna think about carjacking a little more now since he was nearly a victim. Although I can't begin to fathom what kind of moron would attempt to jack a police car with lights (assuming of course that was his intention and he wasn't running towards it for assistance)

Detroit — Detroit Police Chief James Craig told a crowd gathered Monday evening for an anti-carjacking program that he narrowly avoided a carjacking himself on a recent Friday night while driving an unmarked police car.

Craig detailed a stop at a red light two weeks ago on Jefferson Avenue.

“There are certain cars each suspect tends to (be attracted) to, and I guess they liked my police car — a police car with lights,” Craig said. “And one suspect jumped out and began running toward the passenger side of my vehicle ... As soon as I saw the suspect running to my car, I accelerated out of harm’s way.

“And then, candidly, I got angry ... I said, ‘I can’t believe this just almost happened.’”

2. Remove Ads

This gives me pause to wonder what the law is regarding someone trying to carjack you anywhere in Michigan especially in Detroit, America's safest city. My passenger door on my rig is ALWAYS LOCKED.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I do all the things suggested as second nature.

I can't figure out whether I am paranoid or just aware.

The thing that surprised me was the 85% chance that if a carjacker points a gun they are going to fire. That is something to consider.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Links