Requested carry at work

This is a discussion on Requested carry at work within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This past May, my wife started her new career, in the dental field. The doctor has to be out for a few days, due to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Requested carry at work

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.

Requested carry at work

This past May, my wife started her new career, in the dental field. The doctor has to be out for a few days, due to major surgery on his wife. Each of the office girls, sometimes 2 at once, are taking a day at the office to answer phones, maintain equipment, watch soap operas, etc.

Today was my wife's watch. When she came home for lunch, she said the doctor came by just to check on things. He asked her if she had a firearm. She told him yes and that she had her CC permit. He requested that she bring her firearm into the office and keep it with her while there alone. She told him that it was in her purse and did not carry while she was wearing scrubs. He said "If you don't mind, put it in the desk drawer and leave the drawer open while you are here alone. It is easier to reach down and get it out of the drawer". He told her that he would feel better if she did not have to go into her purse to get her firearm. Just in case...

Way to go Doc!!!

There are still some good guys out there....
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Wish my boss was like that. Can't carry at work. Really stinks.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

That's great! Nice to see a little common sense for a change. I work for my family in a small print shop, in what is becoming a bad part of town, we have been broken in on several times, after the last one my mother came out to press room and asked me if I still carried my pistol, and I assured her it was always kept close by.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

In all reality I would find her a holster she can wear under her scrubs,that way she is never out of range of her firearm,sounds like shes got a great boss
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Belly band holster or an ankle holster.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I like the way that that dentist thinks...and he is very mindful of his employees, too!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Someone should bake this dentist a cake what a downright nice guy .
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Got the opposite, wife's a Dr, work bans guns. Had some discussions with a lawyer about possible end-runs, but I think we're going to request they install a locker for her so that she can carry between the car and the office instead. Too bad her bosses aren't like this guy. Great story!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    She came in from work tonight and told me that the doctor suggested that the "girls" should carry all of the time, as he does. She is going in tomorrow and ask him what kind of holster he uses under his scrubs.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Wow, this is awesome you can tell that he cares for his employee.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

VIP Member

I love to hear this kind of stuff.....
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I'm probably off my rocker and nuts as can possibly be, but the story has given me the creeps.

No off body carry where someone else knows about it and can retrieve it; especially when you are doing it at their suggestion. Not even the boss. Who asks someone if they own a gun and then suggests that they leave the gun in a particular place? It is not sitting well in my gut. Make him bring his own.

It is commendable that he seems to be interested in the safety of his workers. Let's hope he is sincere and not
    as nuts as my psycho thoughts are suggesting. (I've watched too many episodes of "Murder She Wrote, or something Alfred Hitchcock.)
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I'm probably off my rocker and nuts as can possibly be, but the story has given me the creeps.

No off body carry where someone else knows about it and can retrieve it; especially when you are doing it at their suggestion. Not even the boss. Who asks someone if they own a gun and then suggests that they leave the gun in a particular place? It is not sitting well in my gut. Make him bring his own.

It is commendable that he seems to be interested in the safety of his workers. Let's hope he is sincere and not
    as nuts as my psycho thoughts are suggesting. (I've watched too many episodes of "Murder She Wrote, or something Alfred Hitchcock.)

I would agree if I did not know this guy. We live in a small town where the doc is a very well respected person. Not only for his abilities as a dentist, but also as a truly good man. He is not a young man. At 70+ he still enjoys his bear hunting trips to Canada, antelope hunts in Wyoming and Pheasant shoots in the Midwest. He is one tough man.

There are no perfect options for carry in all situations. I believe that, if I was sitting at a desk answering a phone, I would want the gun as accessible as possible.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeaCPA View Post
    Wish my boss was like that. Can't carry at work. Really stinks.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Speaking of Tapatalk, I'm using it to make this post on a Droid I'm not supposed to have at work...just like a gun.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

KUDOS TO YOU MR. D.S.S. ! !

Finally we hear about someone whom is more interested in the health & well-being of their employees and not their own insecure inhibitions.

There are plenty of ways and types of holster apparatus to wear/use to CC while wearing loose fitting clothes like running shorts & scrubs.

https://www.google.com/#q=belly+band+holster+for+women
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links