Marauders portrayed as preppers !!!

This is a discussion on Marauders portrayed as preppers !!! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Im just finishing up watching an episode of "Doomsday Preppers". I am a combination of outraged, mad, speechless, and stunned. Many of us have at ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

Thread: Marauders portrayed as preppers !!!

Marauders portrayed as preppers !!!

Im just finishing up watching an episode of "Doomsday Preppers". I am a combination of outraged, mad, speechless, and stunned.

Many of us have at least some interest in "prepping". Even if its just buying extra ammo, or whatnot. The Doomsday Prepper show features Preppers every episode. So far, so good.

Tonight, however, they featured this group of losers who also had a prepper plan. Their "plan" was to steal everyone elses stuff. They even called themselves "The Marauders".

The opening segment showed (in a staged scene), them smashing in doors, holding people at gun point in their own bedrooms, and gagging one of the people in bed. Also of course, their "leader", made up some home made body armor, and had his idiot helper shoot him at point blank range with a 12 ga to test it out!

All I could think, was that these were the people of everyones worst case scenarios. They were the ones we armed ourselves against.

Now, the good news is that these guys are almost certainly idiots. Idiots can still be dangerous, but no kidding, these were some room temp IQ types.

But what on earth was that show thinking putting them on TV?

2. Remove Ads

I just finished watching that episode as well. I agree, they are most certainly idiots and it showed quite clearly.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I'm glad they showed this side of it. There's no shortage of people who's prep plan is to try and take from others, so it was nice to see something a bit different than the normal episodes they show. I couldn't help but to laugh at the end, shortly after the guy had his cousin shoot him point blank with a 12gauge, when he was telling others to keep stocking up on supplies and ammo because they'd be there to come and take them. Yeah, okay, buddy.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Well I didn't see the show but if they keep doing live tests with their "armor", there shouldn't be too many of them left.

Hey alternative preppers.....I hear that garbage can lids make great armor against gunshots....that plastic sure is tougher than it looks!
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Yeah I dont like that show would I go on national TV and say well howday there I live here and look at all the cool stuff I have and all the guns I have . Uh no

Also yeah though I have not seen it it does sound like the reason you want to have a EBR .. Thread jack but it seems people always like to say oh you only need a bolt gun for survival for hinting you be fine, they always forget the 2 legged predators it seems . When I saw Katrina/LA riots etc . ..Yeah that is why you worry about the above and might be reason to keep somthing other then a bolt gun or a 22 laying around ..
    StormRhydr likes this.

VIP Member
    I just seen it as well one of the oddest versions yet for the prepper show to have people say they are going to break the law and any moral boundries and harm anyone that would get in thier way .
    gottabkiddin and StormRhydr like this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Nat Geo is VERY anti gun and very anti gun culture/prepper culture. You may have noticed Doomsday Preppers almost always portrays the people on the show as outrageous as to be made fun of or to be viewed as freakishly fringe. I don't watch that show or any thing on Nat Geo.

(the also tend to find the most freakish...hence the "marauders")

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    I'll have to pull that specific episode up. Thanks. I generally....... OK........... as a rule, do not ever watch that show.....

That is specifically what my planning is against. The people next door, I will help. The idiots on the street............ well, um, ..............................

I'm not into 'Survival' as a 'Club' event!

We have an Urban Compound (that you could drive by for years and not get it) and do not advertise. If you want my stuff, you had better have a lot of 'totally military drill CQB taught' organized friends....................... just sayin............

It takes about 3 days for people to become packs and animals! And I understand this. Do you? Some of you 'experts', beyond my formal training and living in 3d world SHs can chime in from what you have seen, on that last comment.

Come and try to get it! We will have fun, but I swear that none of us will enjoy the experience!

Over 90% or my Police (PD, not Sheriff) do not live within 15 miles of our town.............. I fully expect them to go home and take their Tax Paid for stuff (to include the cars and real tactical stuff) to protect the family somewhere else, there, as they should. As for the Fire Department, even worse stats! Where does that leave us?

People are animals. It's basic, and understand that fact. Be mentally prepared to deal with it.
    Last edited by ANGLICO; November 13th, 2013 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Spellin angain.......... kills me....... Thank you Public Education!

Administrator
    I'm not sure why, but I watched this tonight too.

I hope all "marauders" are as dumb as that guy. If he where my neighbor I'd have a Twinkie decoy baits and just make my windows and doors a little smaller. Problem solved.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thievery and raiding is a universal part of human culture, in one form or another. Vikings raided England, pirates plundered Spanish galleons, and Americans adopted a progressive income tax. Different forms of the same thing, and if there's some massive breakdown of society, it will simply take a new form yet again.

I can say with some certainty, though, that guys who appear on Preppers calling themselves "Marauders" are unlikely to rise to the top of the post-apocalyptic food chain. I'd bet on gangs composed of former members of the various special forces.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Many of us have at least some interest in "prepping". Even if its just buying extra ammo, or whatnot.

Tonight, however, they featured this group of losers who also had a prepper plan. Their "plan" was to steal everyone elses stuff. They even called themselves "The Marauders".
    Well, their preparations involve conspiracy to take from the resources "of the land" around them. In a sense, it's little different than a person who's planning on taking food from game and gathering. It's certainly a viable option for those without another steady source of meat, veg/fruit, nuts, seeds. And for those without another supply of items no longer made, surely thieving or robbery from the "haves" is a viable option. Not laudable by any standard, but viable.

Agreed: these are the criminals we're preparing to repel. I hope they're also preparing to deal with the aftermath of their family members getting killed on "expedition" attempting to take what others have. If not ... well, sux to be them.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I saw that tonight, too. I thought it kind of odd that they highlighted a criminal. Lots of those folks seem a bit 'wacked' anyway, but that idiot with his suit of armor wouldn't survive ONE neck shot entering my home. Now, a bulletproof vest probably wouldn't be seen, but the metal that clown was wearing?
    My dentist here in Gainesville, is supposedly close friends with the guy doing the Doomsday Castle shows. I've not talked with the good Dr., but my wife has...I guess whatever works for ya'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Thievery and raiding is a universal part of human culture, in one form or another. Vikings raided England, pirates plundered Spanish galleons, and Americans adopted a progressive income tax.
    On the bright side, everything "raided" by a progressive tax system was stolen from the Spanish and the Indians by the rich, so it all evens out in the end.
    technomonster likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

He didn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed to me. His smug demeanor and blatant disregard for people offends me. If that is his plan to survive, he and his compatriots would obtain room temperature quickly.
    ANGLICO and Aceoky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'm not sure why, but I watched this tonight too.

I hope all "marauders" are as dumb as that guy. If he where my neighbor I'd have a Twinkie decoy baits and just make my windows and doors a little smaller. Problem solved.
    great post, laughed out loud..

I saw the episode as well. All I can say is that overweight piece of trash will not be able to hide all that girth from my crosshairs.

I feel like writing to the shows producers and giving um some grief for even giving that wannabe airtime.
    ANGLICO likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links