Survived another New Jersey Trip Unarmed

This is a discussion on Survived another New Jersey Trip Unarmed within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sadly I had to go back to my ol' home state of New Jersey - another trip to 'liberal land' being unarmed... What really stank ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Survived another New Jersey Trip Unarmed

Survived another New Jersey Trip Unarmed

Sadly I had to go back to my ol' home state of New Jersey - another trip to 'liberal land' being unarmed...

What really stank was that I had a bit of a run-in with a weirdo at a truck stop in South Carolina on my way back home to Alabama.

I purchased two sandwiches before the trip for my son and I and we stopped to eat them for supper at a Flying J Truck Stop. It was very cold outside and they have inside seating.

As I was walking in with the sandwiches, a man sees me and holds his hand out as if I was bringing him the sandwiches. I just smiled and chuckled figuring he was making a joke, but then he quickly became hostile, raising his voice and yelling, "Are you laughing at me?! You laughing at me?!"

I quickly stepped away from him and he glared at me and then stormed out of the truck stop.

The point is that a seemingly light situation went wacko-scary in miliseconds and I was unarmed due to travelling to New Jersey, obeying the law - makes me sick...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

Yup.........it was so cold in NJ today, I saw a politician with his hand in another guy's pocket.
    ccw9mm, Aceoky, 84160 and 4 others like this.

VIP Member
    Born and raised in NJ, but I am a Texas man now and forever. I really feel for you. I had to go to NJ recently on business and couldn't get out of there fast enough. Besides being unarmed, I was really creeped out by the place. Luckily, SA and luck came through and nothing happened.
    Aceoky and mano3 like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Uh is anything legal in that state ? Knifes/pepper spray / taser ?

I am correct that you can not even have a gun unless you are going straight through or have a permit to own?

Yeah sucks man .. I wish you could at least keep it lock in the car and re arm when you leave the sate .. Maybe store it out of state ?

You can still bring a gun with you. Just can't carry it there. Leave in trunk until you're in friendly territory. I just moved form that oppressive state to Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Uh is anything legal in that state ? Knifes/pepper spray / taser ?

I am correct that you can not even have a gun unless you are going straight through or have a permit to own?

Yeah sucks man .. I wish you could at least keep it lock in the car and re arm when you leave the sate .. Maybe store it out of state ?
    Not correct. Has to be nj legal, 15 round mags or less. You can transport and own. Just not purchase without FID card and pistol permit. If you move from another state,legally own gun and are not prohibited person, you need do nothing.
    Don't drive around with it until leaving state tho.

The drive from Alabama to NJ and then back had me going through too many gun unfriendly states and too many law/rule changes - too much trouble to remember what is what - better off leaving SIGGY at home...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

It's amazing how such petty things can lead to serious situations. People never surprise me, but they do let me down quite a bit.
    mano3 and Aceoky like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    The drive from Alabama to NJ and then back had me going through too many gun unfriendly states and too many law/rule changes - too much trouble to remember what is what - better off leaving SIGGY at home...
    Unless you went via Canada and then down through New England, your most direct route would put you through two gun unfriendly states, The People's Republic of Maryland and then the armpit of the nation New Jersey.

Simple - stop just before you cross the Potomac in VA, secure and lock up, do the opposite on the way back....

RKM
    I fear the day my employer sends me to NJ for a week for training. I've been putting it off as long as I can, just because I can't stand that place.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    Yes, and sadly, too many have too often come onto this forum to oppose any effort at national reciprocity, let alone
    model codes and uniformity from state to state.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

The best way to see NJ...... is from your rear view mirror going over the Delaware Memorial Bridge.

I know what you mean lol. I always get lost and find myself in Camden or Newark whenever I head down there. Yeah the Carolina's have some creepy rest stops.
    mano3 likes this.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Yeah,know what you mean. Joisy and Maryland..Two Commie States on the Eastern seaboard not included is D.C,and that`s a Cesspool!.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    walking stick.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links