My Short Rant...........

My Short Rant...........

This is a discussion on My Short Rant........... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A young man was shot dead last night here in NJ while shopping with his wife at the Short Hills Mall....a very upscale Mall.....seems he ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: My Short Rant...........

My Short Rant...........

A young man was shot dead last night here in NJ while shopping with his wife at the Short Hills Mall....a very upscale Mall.....seems he was car jacked in the parking area. Not getting into details, I'm just disgusted with the inability to defends one's self here in NJ....we can't carry anything for our protection or our family members.....when will the good people of NJ realize that we here are nothing more than mutton for the wolves to carve up...and they know it......liberal lawyers and judges run amuck in this state, while the citizens suffer....IMO.

Apparently no one cares there. And it's not serious enough to relocate for others.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I read the story and it makes me SICK!

This young man was only 30yrs. old with his wife and I guess he resisted......shot in the head in front of his wife I'm told......this state has some major issues IMO that need to be resolved for the sake of our residents safety.......disgusted.
    gatorbait51 and BenGoodLuck like this.

Sad.....I heard this on the news this morning. OP you are right about the folks in NJ not being able to defend themselves. I guess if it were truly important to some, they would leave.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Njs stringent gun laws didnt, and wont, stop anybody that doesnt willingly obey those lose from getting and using a gun to do exactly this type of thing. Just like those laws dont do anything anywhere except create killing fields, make defenseless victims of innocent people, and violate the 2A.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Local carjackings are a weekly, if not almost daily, occurrence around here, and the most recent one took off with an infant in the car seat until he wrecked the car. (No harm to baby.) Malls are a prime hunting ground. I don't ever see any hope for NJ until the SCOTUS rules for countrywide carry.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

So now the found his car in Newark NJ..........well Geeezzz, I could have obviously told them that last night......our new Senator Corey Booker , the man who cleaned up Newark......what a sorry joke here in NJ....IMO.

VIP Member
    What the people of NJ and other liberal bastion states (MD, NY, CA, etc...) have to ask themselves is "When does stay and fight give way to move and work to protect" in another state?

I admire the ones who want to stay and fight, but at what cost? What if they are the next ones to get shot while Christmas shopping?

Better to have a bunch of right minded voters move to places like VA and PA and help keep the 2A wolves at bay......

VIP Member
    I agree with you 100 percent we too in Maryland suffer the same here . Even though i have a permit to carry it is not fair to the rest of the people and 2A rights .

I know a comment or two here says if it was a serious problem you can move ..................In life it is not that easy we have roots in the places we live , family , jobs , financial . I cannot leave the state of Maryland because of a family business and my son has programs here that take care of some of his needs .( support ) Please folks it is not easy to move and pull up stakes .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Where I get lost and freely admit that I dont understand a lot of the stuff SCOTUS pushes but, if they forced a CC law in Ill. Why can they not do the same In NJ??
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    I agree with the sentiment of the OP. However in all honesty the gun laws probably wouldn't have changed anything. In even the most gun friendly states most people don't carry. Of those that do carry many of them only doing it from time to time. It is likely that this would have happened exactly the same under any other state's laws.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    I agree with you 100 percent we too in Maryland suffer the same here . Even though i have a permit to carry it is not fair to the rest of the people and 2A rights .

I know a comment or two here says if it was a serious problem you can move ..................In life it is not that easy we have roots in the places we live , family , jobs , financial . I cannot leave the state of Maryland because of a family business and my son has programs here that take care of some of his needs .( support ) Please folks it is not easy to move and pull up stakes .
    I have packed my bags and moved four times in my adult life. Two times I had no job to go to.....just knew I had to get the H____ out of Illinois (the last move). Gun laws there were bad enough, but
    the weather was just downright pathetic. Uprooting and changing your life is sometimes the right thing today. Has a very "cleansing" effect on both your mind and your soul.

for all those up north, its 72 degrees without a cloud in the sky here in Orlando today.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

IMO......this is not just a 2A discussion but protection of one's life and limb and their family members.......forget the damn politics.

Texas is callin my name.....
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links