Knockout Game Reminder

This is a discussion on Knockout Game Reminder within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just a reminder that this KO game is still being played by these mindless idiots. It's not only in large metro areas, we had a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Knockout Game Reminder

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

Knockout Game Reminder

Just a reminder that this KO game is still being played by these mindless idiots.

It's not only in large metro areas, we had a incident here in Fort Wayne this past week.
    A dad was holding his two children's hands as he exited the mall walking to his car when he got hit.

Luckily he was not seriously hurt.

So watch your (6) and keep your head on a swivel.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

2. Remove Ads

I'm not entirely convinced that this "game" is as popular as it may seem. Anyways, whether it is or isn't, my head remains on a swivel.

Do you happen to have a link to the local article? I tried to find it but only came up with results regarding the high school football brawl.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I'm not entirely convinced that this "game" is as popular as it may seem. Anyways, whether it is or isn't, my head remains on a swivel.

Do you happen to have a link to the local article? I tried to find it but only came up with results regarding the high school football brawl.
    No article.
    It happened to a member of our church. Police were notified and a report made. It did not make the paper or local news.

My guess is because this is a upscale mall AND the Xmas season, it was kept on the down low.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    No article.
    It happened to a member of our church. Police were notified and a report made. It did not make the paper or local news.

My guess is because this is a upscale mall AND the Xmas season, it was kept on the down low.
    And therein lies the problem. If more people are made aware of this it might make a difference. On the downside I can't begin to tell you how many people are walking around preoccupied with electronic gadgetry.
    Aceoky, DanielC, Pawatch and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    And therein lies the problem. If more people are made aware of this it might make a difference. On the downside I can't begin to tell you how many people are walking around preoccupied with electronic gadgetry.
    Olpsufan, I am actually doing a research paper regarding cell phone usage and the effects they have on face to face interactions, prearranged meetings, and my personal favorite; situational awareness. Reading through all the journal articles, research papers, and information; let’s just say it has been very enlightening about how much these devices just destroy our situational awareness. It is to the point where how close or far away the object is doesn’t matter, when you’re playing with a phone you just plain don’t pay attention to what is going on around you. A couple of quotes from the research:

Galvan, V. V., (2013), “Pedestrians talking on cell phones have impaired visual attention while crossing the street to such an extent that most pedestrians on cell phones did not see a clown riding on a unicycle nearby.”

Hyman, (2010) “Cell phone usage may cause inattentional blindness even during a simple activity that should require few cognitive resources.”

Simons (1999), “Interestingly, spatial proximity of the critical unattended object to attended locations does not appear to affect detection, suggesting that observers attend to objects and events, not spatial positions.”

Basically the bottom line is, put the cell phones away and pay attention to what is going on around you. Especially with dangerous activities like the knockout game going on around us.

I haven't heard of knockouts happening down here yet.All i know is,those doing it must have a death wish.
    ugh762x39, Aceoky, VNvet and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    No article.

Interesting how the Media decides to "serve" the community.

I have a sinking feeling they wont last long here . Consider we are a free to carry state with high gun ownership and a lot of mil vets . Oh they may get lucky one or two times but sooner then later
    Aceoky and CLASS3NH like this.

On the downside I can't begin to tell you how many people are walking around preoccupied with electronic gadgetry.
    I don't think this game would be as offensive to me if there was a way to play it with automobile drivers that are preoccupied with electronic devices.
    lionround likes this.
    It's Range Time!

I'd like to remind any/all players of the KO Game that there's an inherent danger in engaging a total stranger at...anything. Much more so if that engagement is a physical assault. A sucker punch isn't a new idea or an innovative technique, it's simply leveraging "intention" against "unsuspecting". History is FULL of examples that worked (Trojan Horse, Pearl Harbor, Jack Ruby, etc.) and some that didn't (Market Garden, etc.). I will also remind KOG players that when this game doesn't "work", the results traditionally haven't gone well for the initiates. If I so much as witness an example of this "recreation", y'all likely won't hear from me for a while. 'Cause I'll make the "Sons of Anarchy" look like a Young Republicans Picnic.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I'm always watching my 3-6-9-12 now. I find myself beginning to somewht profile younger people's actions/ conversations as they pass me, with the feeling I might "be the one"
    I hope it dosn't happen to me, as they'll find it VERY unpleasant for them.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I'm always watching my 3-6-9-12 now. I find myself beginning to somewht profile younger people's actions/ conversations as they pass me, with the feeling I might "be the one"
    I hope it dosn't happen to me, as they'll find it VERY unpleasant for them.
    That's exactly who you should profile. I have yet to hear of adults traveling in groups and acting out. Of course you might take your profiling one step further, the choice is yours.
    CLASS3NH likes this.

That's exactly who you should profile. I have yet to hear of adults traveling in groups and acting out. Of course you might take your profiling one step further, the choice is yours.
    Exactly....There are "ADULTS" or so-called adults, playing that game too. I'm beginning to do that to everybody, cept for 80 yr old ladies. Then again, those HUGE handbags they carry are VERY scary lookin LOL
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Ever notices that this does not happen in right to carry states (and when it does like in micihgen the perp tends to get a round in the but...)

Well it happen in vegas but vegas is vegas

Quote Originally Posted by ex95B10 View Post
    I don't think this game would be as offensive to me if there was a way to play it with automobile drivers that are preoccupied with electronic devices.
    A portable air horn aimed out the window at someone texting would wake them up.
    Only problem is then they might then run into you.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links