Oregon news

Oregon news

This is a discussion on Oregon news within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A man convicted of carrying concealed at his campsite has conviction overturned Oregon Court of Appeals: Rented campsite could be gun-carrying man's home | OregonLive.com ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Arejay
  • 1 Post By Brad426

Thread: Oregon news

Oregon news

A man convicted of carrying concealed at his campsite has conviction overturned Oregon Court of Appeals: Rented campsite could be gun-carrying man's home | OregonLive.com should be of interest to forum members
    StormRhydr likes this.

Interesting decision. So homeless folks can carry anywhere without a license?
    Badey likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

[QUOTE=Brad426;3043744]Interesting decision. So homeless folks can carry anywhere without a license?[/QUOTE

Well I don't think so. The other case cited in the article was about a transient living out of his truck for several years. His truck was ruled his residence. Residence seems to be the key

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Interesting decision. So homeless folks can carry anywhere without a license?
    Nope. In/around the home, as the law stipulates.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

[QUOTE=Arejay;3043757]
    Interesting decision. So homeless folks can carry anywhere without a license?[/QUOTE

Well I don't think so. The other case cited in the article was about a transient living out of his truck for several years. His truck was ruled his residence. Residence seems to be the key
    Cool. We can carry in bars here.

Not really self-defense/armed good guy encounter... moved to Home Defense sub-forum.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    I believe that has some huge implications:

Post Office parking lot, VA grounds, Federal Parks (I know these are Federal, but that seems ripe for this type of approach) anywhere you can go with a vehicle legally, if you live in your vehicle (think motorhome for retired people also) seems to open a bunch of windows
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Good decision IMO.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Nope. In/around the home, as the law stipulates.
    And if your "home" is a shopping cart, so long as you are around it you're good, right?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

And if your "home" is a shopping cart, so long as you are around it you're good, right?
    Hard to claim one is "living" in a shopping cart, unless one can show curling up at night inside one is workable. Any more than claiming a sidewalk is one's "home" insofar as the statutes covering carry are concerned.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Believe it or not, if he was in CA, this would have been a non-issue as concealed carry is legal in one's campsite; so is open carry for that matter. For that reason, I find it funny that this was an issue in Oregon which is generally thought of as one of the more gun friendly states in the union compared to CA, NY, MA, CT etc.. All in all, I think this was the right decision.

For reference:
    Firearms in Forests and Parks - Calguns.net

Links