Daddy did a BAD, BAD thing! Today! (Chris Isaak song playing)

This is a discussion on Daddy did a BAD, BAD thing! Today! (Chris Isaak song playing) within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was in my office trying to get thru the State of Nevada website to renew my contractor’s license, when She Who Must be Obeyed ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Daddy did a BAD, BAD thing! Today! (Chris Isaak song playing)

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Daddy did a BAD, BAD thing! Today! (Chris Isaak song playing)

I was in my office trying to get thru the State of Nevada website to renew my contractor’s license, when She Who Must be Obeyed came in all a huff! She states, someone is at the front door and my condition flag is flying at white over my red butt on the website, I jump up and sprint to the front door failing to grab my LCR 38 +P that I keep in my office! Again with my sphincter wrapped around my neck, I open the door and ask may I help you? Well on the other side of the stands a man in his 30s, 6’-0” +, waving his arms, slurring his speech (high on something), and states (from what I can make out) his cell phone is dead and can he use our phone? I go from stupefied to condition Red is a millisecond, but what to draw. NO (Loud enough to raise the dead) comes out of my mouth and the door slams in his face and the dead both is flipped! I move quickly to my office to retrieve my LCR and shout to She Who Must be Obeyed (SWMBO) to dial 911. By the time I’m back at the door SWMBO has the dispatcher on the line; I feed her the description of the person, location, my name, address and answer her other questions. Dispatcher states a unit is rolling.

As I’m on the phone the person who came to our door goes to our good neighbor’s house (Now had he gone to the Bad neighbor’s house, I would have still called) and knocks on their door. Their high school age son is home ill from school and let the person into the house! My wife tries calling the mother and I try calling his dad, no answer. Lucky the Dad is working in his back office and comes out to see this person in his house, condition Red, so the Dad offers to drive the person to the 7-11 to get him out of the house. Prior to that back on the street the patrol car goes by our cul-de-sac. The Dad gets the person in his truck after the person retrieves a backpack from the bushes where he hid it! (Red Flag) and pulls away just as the patrol returns. The patrol car stopped and the LEO put both in a felony take down position! Once the Dad id himself the LEO let him up and had him wait in the truck! In the persons backpack was an 8” knife and a tomahawk! Within two minute we had 8 squad cars from Metro and the Vegas School Police. Seems our person was in a group that was boosting car and truck within our area. Earlier they had boosted a Construction Truck and the workers chased them down and they abandon the truck fled on foot!

Our neighbor learned a very hard lesson! The son stated that he was trying to do the right, God would do and help this person! Well someone was looking out for both their family and mine!

So She Who Must Be Obeyed now has directed me to reposition our firearms! Lesson learned! But as must as I harp on SA, all of us have moments when we fail to be in the right place on the condition chart. Lucky no-one was hurt!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

Anytime. Anywhere. You just never know what some folks are capable of.

Along with my vitamins, I try to take a daily dose of circumspection as well. Better than having to swallow a "bitter pill" later.

Good example of why many of us go armed around the house. Time to readjust the procedure for answering the door: pants on, check; weaponry, check; presentable, check; etc.
    Sky Pilot likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Gun in your pocket beats the one on the desk, or in the safe, or...

PS - NEVER open the door to an unknown person. If you need to talk, talk through the door, use an intercom, or an upstairs window. Just do not open the door.
    WrongRecroom, BugDude and onacoma like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

So She Who Must Be Obeyed now has directed me to reposition our firearms! Lesson learned! But as must as I harp on SA, all of us have moments when we fail to be in the right place on the condition chart. Lucky no-one was hurt!
    Your Queen has good instincts.....
    onacoma and ctr like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    PS - NEVER open the door to an unknown person. If you need to talk, talk through the door, use an intercom, or an upstairs window. Just do not open the door.
    Same coaching I use in my classes! I just didn't listen to my lesson plan! Again I know better!

The detective on the case reinforced my lesson plan as we were downloading the video for the cases!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    GentlemanJim likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I assume know your are getting secret screen on your doors?
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Sometimes the sound of enlightenment is THWACK.

Glad everyone is ok, and a harder lesson wasn't learned by anyone (except the BG).

Interesting what happened with you and the neighbors. Taking a BG off the street +1 in my book as well.
    tdave likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Allowed to enter, when they cross your threshold the game plan has possibly shifted to the better for them.

I'm the Gatekeeper, they stay outside unless I know them well.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Try as I might, Gramps still doesn't realize that his "she" must be obeyed! (And I even have the sweatshirt!!!!!)

He is getting better about wearing his gun at home, but still often takes it off and lays it on the table near him. This "she" will keep trying to educate the old fellow! I hope he reads your post about why you realize that you should have had the gun on you instead of on the desk. And I also hope he doesn't read down this far..............LOL
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Glad you had the police there to take action. The 8" knife and tomahawk in the backpack is bad news bears.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    Very happy that all is well!

It is easy to be comfortable and slip in your own home. I just built a new house and my bedroom along with my two gun safes are on the second floor. I recently started working from home and the office is on the first floor. Since that transition I routinely carry around the house. About the only times I don't have a gun on me are when I am in the shower or in bed, and then they are in quick reach.
    BlackStallion29 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Glad you had the police there to take action. The 8" knife and tomahawk in the backpack is bad news bears.
    According to the detective they were in the area looking for the "crew" that construction guys chased and also broke in the cars at the local high screwool! They were looking for two males and two females. The patrol car blocked the cull-de-sac access so the BG had no where to go. I'm assuming the BG planned on jacking my neighbors truck went they got close to the 7-11 as he opened the bag once in the truck!

As far as She Who Must Be Obeyed, I just realized this is more than just re-positioning as we're going furniture shopping today! Seems we need a nice table to keep our firearms in by the door!

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Try as I might, Gramps still doesn't realize that his "she" must be obeyed! (And I even have the sweatshirt!!!!!)

He is getting better about wearing his gun at home, but still often takes it off and lays it on the table near him. This "she" will keep trying to educate the old fellow! I hope he reads your post about why you realize that you should have had the gun on you instead of on the desk. And I also hope he doesn't read down this far..............LOL
    He has you! Don't you carry at home? LOL

Glad you and yours are OK lesson reinforced.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links