Traveling Thru Maryland with CHL.

This is a discussion on Traveling Thru Maryland with CHL. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is something that I found on another site. It is really a wake up call to travelers. ?In America, How Does Such a Thing ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By rearnold
  • 2 Post By welder516
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker
  • 2 Post By OldVet

Thread: Traveling Thru Maryland with CHL.

This is something that I found on another site. It is really a wake up call to travelers.

?In America, How Does Such a Thing Happen?? | TheBlaze.com

Robert
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    This has been posted on a couple of threads here . But is very important for anyone coming to the Nazi State .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

No idea of the details, 'cause I was happily in the Bluegrass State. Yet all coins (and tales) have two sides. I've known of both power-drunk, oppressive LEOs and disrespectful, disdainful citizens. I condone NEITHER! But if it went as the tone of the article suggests, I would've had my IPhone videoing the whole affair.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Just like IL was and NY is, gas up and store gun unloaded before entering MD, drive right on through and reload/rearm after leaving. It's a relatively small state.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I try my best to avoids areas north of Petersburg, Virginia.....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I stay in Ky or like minded states. There are alot more of them than there are of states like MD, NY CT CA IL. CCDW isnt welcome there, no reason for me to be there.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Just like IL was and NY is, gas up and store gun unloaded before entering MD, drive right on through and reload/rearm after leaving. It's a relatively small state.
    I believe the genteman in question was just driving through and while his gun wasn't locked in the trunk, it was locked in his safe back home in FL. personally, I will not even be driving through that state again.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If I were to drive through MD and be stopped for no other reason than I had a FL CWFL, I have the largest section of the Yellow Pages available to me--under Attorneys.
    The Old Anglo and welder516 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I thought about doing that too, since I live right next door to the place...but their law is pretty tight. Unloaded and in trunk, whatever, it won't get by, per their law. Not saying' I agree, because I DONT, nor that the law couldn't be challenged..but just as written, they'd be able to get you. Of course, they'd need probable cause too, but that sure didn't stop the bridge yahoos either...just that pesky 4th Amendment
    How about a little fire, Scarecrow?

I'm still waiting for the lawsuit.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I try my best to avoids areas north of Petersburg, Virginia.....
    Understand completely. Wish I could, too. I just clean out my car -- and my person -- before I go in to MD.

You should be ok driving through, though, right? ... if no stops except maybe rest areas and no detours -- long as anything you have is unloaded, separated from ammo, locked in container in locked trunk. Should be ok ... may not mean you are. Hope the guy does sue.

VIP Member
    I have an attorney's laminated card in my wallet with two cell numbers to call on off hours and daytime hours . Just in case i am detained by one of our finest i generally do not trust a fair shake in any case .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Links