What happens to the gun?

This is a discussion on What happens to the gun? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you can't or aren't prepared to use it to defend yourself, and it gets taken from you? Here's one possibility... Story: Police: Avon rape ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 3 Post By nontechguy
  • 1 Post By BlackStallion29
  • 2 Post By 357and40

Thread: What happens to the gun?

What happens to the gun?

If you can't or aren't prepared to use it to defend yourself, and it gets taken from you?

Here's one possibility...

Story: Police: Avon rape suspect had gun taken in earlier assault | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

This was posted from my mobile device, links may be for mobile... Deal with it!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

This dirtbag should have been 'put down' like the rabid dog he is...he should NEVER see the light of day again.
    Aceoky, Wunderneun and Kennydale like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    That's an infuriating story to read. A bullet would be too fast and easy, hopefully there's a hell hot enough.

Really stunning how he attacked and assaulted so many people in a few days span, and just sad that not one of them were able to stop him and rid the earth this cockroach scumbag.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

tag
    Lowest form of life.
    YOU are the weapon, your firearm is just a tool!

I agree with you all. I do wonder how many who have a gun for protection are reluctant to use it...

It's really a shame. A lot of people talk. They say, "It's only sensible to have a gun for home defense in the house." And they've never fired it, maybe never even loaded it. They are the "true believers" in the talismanic power of the gun.

And then.... Catastrophic tragedy. Perpetrated on them, and on subsequent victims with the perp's new "trophy."

miller_man likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The first question to ask yourself, before even buying your first gun is; Could I pull the trigger and actually shoot someone, possibly killing them?
    If you can't answer yes, or aren't sure, then get a dog, or a big stick.

Please don't take this the wrong way. Everyone who has a gun has to answer this question in their heart of hearts.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

The woman on LaSalle never had a chance to consider using her gun. They stole it when they ransacked the house looking for valuables. She wasn't holding it or anywhere near it.

This guy definitely got around. 38th & LaSalle and Avon are worlds apart in any way you can describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Longstreet View Post
    The woman on LaSalle never had a chance to consider using her gun. They stole it when they ransacked the house looking for valuables. She wasn't holding it or anywhere near it.

This guy definitely got around. 38th & LaSalle and Avon are worlds apart in any way you can describe it.
    According to the article,
    Police believe Parrish and two others broke into a home in the 3800 block of South LaSalle Street on the Southeastside early that morning after shoveling the driveway of snow and sexually assaulted a 48-year-old woman at knifepoint. Aside from the handgun, police said the men, who wore hooded sweatshirts and masks, also stole a big-screen television and electronics.
    They got the gun from another, previous victim.

Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    According to the article,

They got the gun from another, previous victim.

The woman on LaSalle was the previous victim. The later victim was in Avon. They didn't take the gun out of her hand. They found it in the house.

Yes, you are right... Took the gun from the La Salle residence... She was not prepared, or able to use it. It wasn't within reach = unprepared+ unable =Victim.

Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Committed crimes all the way back to '95. Why do they let scum like this back out in the first place?
    ep1953 likes this.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStallion29 View Post
    Committed crimes all the way back to '95. Why do they let scum like this back out in the first place?
    EGG ZACLY! Since by my count from the news story this is the third strike for this lowlife perhaps they will put him away for good. My problem is his "punishment" for the 1st and 2nd offenses.

I don't know anyone that has even one felony, let alone three. It's time to punish the scumbags with hard time so we don't have to worry about repeat offenders. In the process it just might give other potential scumbags something to think about and provide deterrents for their possible actions.

I wholeheartedly believe in bringing back the guillotine for capital punishment. There is a smaller guillotine for rapists.
    miller_man and Crowbait like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    So if they have Inconclusive evidence on him then I think a Bullet behind the left ear would save us All a lot of money. Otherwise they libertard lawyers will get involved and speak of his poor upbringing,low IQ etc. You get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I agree with you all. I do wonder how many who have a gun for protection are reluctant to use it...

It's really a shame. A lot of people talk. They say, "It's only sensible to have a gun for home defense in the house." And they've never fired it, maybe never even loaded it. They are the "true believers" in the talismanic power of the gun.

And then.... Catastrophic tragedy. Perpetrated on them, and on subsequent victims with the perp's new "trophy."

We are all reluctant to use our firearms against another human being. That is tempered by two points for the responsible amongst us. 1) Something like this is not going to hurt me or mine not on my watch! 2) Are we sure this thing is human?

Links