WA: Visiting friend draws and fires on armed robbers

This is a discussion on WA: Visiting friend draws and fires on armed robbers within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Two men working in home garage, resident and visiting friend. Masked, armed men come up to rob the men in the garage... the visitor retrieves ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mlk18
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By DaveWorkman

Thread: WA: Visiting friend draws and fires on armed robbers

Two men working in home garage, resident and visiting friend. Masked, armed men come up to rob the men in the garage... the visitor retrieves a firearm from his own car and shoots one of the robbers (the article headline is wrong, apparently).

The perp is in hospital with serious GSWs. The homeowner is being treated for stress.

Story here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Does this mean that a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun? I thought that was just a myth.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Love the Comments "It's scary to think he's still out there" Heres a little heads up not only is he out there,but 1000+ more just like him are out there everyday ,is that pee running down your leg
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Weird write up not to mention the live report on KIRO. Outside of the friend grabbing his own gun and shooting the BG nothing more is mentioned about the GG w/a gun. I hope he's not charged. Snohomish county is a blue county.

Too bad they wasted all that chopper gas on a scumbag.

Thanks Oaky.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by mlk18 View Post
    Does this mean that a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun? I thought that was just a myth.
    Not a myth son it's an urban legend.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Two men working in home garage, resident and visiting friend. Masked, armed men come up to rob the men in the garage... the visitor retrieves a firearm from his own car and shoots one of the robbers (the article headline is wrong, apparently).

The perp is in hospital with serious GSWs. The homeowner is being treated for stress.

Story here
    I'd be willing to bet the home owner was working on his buddies car in that garage. That's how the friend got hold of his piece fast enuf to nail a BG.

WA: Apparent Self-defense shooting in garage

Snohomish County authorities were still investigating last night’s shooting at a private residence near Lake Stevens today, an incident that is getting coverage from all the local news agencies, and it is one more incident in a trend this column has discussed before, the lawful use of lethal force in self-defense.

Fight crime: shoot back - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    ccw9mm likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't care that WA law presents the persons defending themselves as a "slayer" even if it's technically correct. That might predispose the ignorant on a jury. "But the law even calls him a slayer so he must be guilty."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    Snohomish County authorities were still investigating last night’s shooting at a private residence near Lake Stevens today, an incident that is getting coverage from all the local news agencies, and it is one more incident in a trend this column has discussed before, the lawful use of lethal force in self-defense.

Fight crime: shoot back - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    Thanks for the article, Dave. I posted a preliminary story here:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/....php?p=3141945

This was posted from my mobile device, links may be for mobile... Deal with it!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I don't care that WA law presents the persons defending themselves as a "slayer" even if it's technically correct. That might predispose the ignorant on a jury. "But the law even calls him a slayer so he must be guilty."
    Well, so far, it hasn't worked out that way in genuine self-defense cases

Links