RARE: Burglar alarm does its job...

This is a discussion on RARE: Burglar alarm does its job... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...Summons police, they arrive in time... suspects are caught by the K9 unit.... among the charges is "striking a Police dog" (a misdemeanor), my guess ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By oakchas
  • 3 Post By 5lima30ret
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By wajohnson12

Thread: RARE: Burglar alarm does its job...

RARE: Burglar alarm does its job...

...Summons police, they arrive in time... suspects are caught by the K9 unit.... among the charges is "striking a Police dog" (a misdemeanor), my guess is that at the very least, that charge will stick... But the dog "got a taste" of both perps! Good Dog!

Story here

Usually, burglar alarms merely notify the police that a crime is in progress and the perps are long gone when LEO arrives...
    Parrisk, BenGoodLuck and DingBat like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Some towns will respond to burglar alarms. Some will do it because they aren't as busy as some police departments. I'm sure some so it because they charge fees for false alarms. And they probably get enough false alarms to add up to some decent revenue.

VIP Member
    Way to go police, way to go K9 unit, and way to go alarm company!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Takes 3 false alarms to get billed here. Getting there late and catching no one doesn't count against you as it wasn't a false alarm.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    There are very few residential electronic burglar alarms in our county. However most Appalachian Americans around here have the 4 legged Western NC Mountain Hound as their early alert system. Said Mountain Hound is usually owned by a fiercely independent conservative, who is well armed and really doesn't care how they "do it up North".
    tdave, OldVet and ppkheat like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

A happy ending thanks to good police work and a good puppy.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    There are very few residential electronic burglar alarms in our county. However most Appalachian Americans around here have the 4 legged Western NC Mountain Hound as their early alert system. Said Mountain Hound is usually owned by a fiercely independent conservative, who is well armed and really doesn't care how they "do it up North".
    I don't know. My NC hound would only defend its feed bowl. Anything else was "take what you can carry."
    5lima30ret likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    As a fellow WNC Mtn. native...I completely concur. Mine may not be the most ferocious, but as soon as he barks, I'm up......
    5lima30ret likes this.

Links