Clear your guns!: Possible ND, bullet found in Neighbors cabinet.

This is a discussion on Clear your guns!: Possible ND, bullet found in Neighbors cabinet. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One of the female tenants in my apartment building called me to check on a possible bullet that she found in her one of her ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Clear your guns!: Possible ND, bullet found in Neighbors cabinet.

Clear your guns!: Possible ND, bullet found in Neighbors cabinet.

One of the female tenants in my apartment building called me to check on a possible bullet that she found in her one of her kitchen cabinets. I go over and see a projectile embedded in cabinet door with a complete pass through from the back of the cabinet that had to come from the male tenant who lives next door to her.

Upon further investigation I look behind the cabinet and there is a hole in the wall that is consistent with the hole in the back of the cabinet. The projectile also penetrated a plastic bottle and other items in the cabinet before coming to rest on the inside of the cabinet door.

I believe it was a ND from the tenant who lives next door, I do know for a fact the ND Tenant owns multiple guns and is prior military. Perhaps he was cleaning his guns or just had a mental lapse.

The bullet went through multiple barriers, luckily the female tenant wasn't looking in that particular cabinet.

Safety first geez.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Someone needs his butt kicked. Ignorance can be costly.
    sdprof likes this.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

Negligent discharge and he doesn't own up to it or check on his neighbor who could have been dead. I would call the police plus report it to the landlord.
    PAcanis, RickyD, msgt/ret and 5 others like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

I want to talk to him but what the hell do I say to him?

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Negligent discharge and he doesn't own up to it or check on his neighbor who could have been dead. I would call the police plus report it to the landlord.
    The female tenant is doing so.

VIP Member
    I agree with LimaCharlie on that course of action. Anyone who is that negligent and uncaring should be given a measure of grief from on high.
    msgt/ret, molleur and CLASS3NH like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ExaltedOne View Post
    I want to talk to him but what the hell do I say to him?
    If it were me, I would have grabbed the bullet and then knocked on the guys door and ask, "did you lose this?" Pretty simple way to start the conversation. Then go from there depending on the attitude.

The female tenant is doing so.
    Interested to hear how this plays out. Sometimes the police response isn't quite up to the level of investigation, follow through, or even showing up that is often portrayed on TV or in the media.
    sdprof likes this.

Okay I called the guy and here is the story.

He wouldn't go into much detail about what happened but the Negligent discharged occurred last night and based on what he didn't say, I believe he was showing a friend one of the guns in his safe and the friend who obviously doesn't know gun safety rules did what those kind of people do and that is put their finger on the trigger.

Gun goes off!

He says that he "Investigated" it and took care of it last night. Problem is he didn't check on the neighbors at all and he asked me if there was anyway that this can be settled without law enforcement being notified.

I went to talk to the female tenant and she already called the police, so I called him back and basically he said he just has to deal with the consequences because all of the guns are his.

He also has a wife and child, good thing the friend wasn't pointing the gun towards his kids room.

The bullet is Hollowpoint so while it penetrated through multiple barriers, it didn't get pass the cabinet door.

Lead Moderator
    ND is bad enough, but not checking on a possible injury to his neighbor is even worse.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

You can't assume that your friends know what they are doing, that's why I explain the gun safety rules before hand to those who I let handle a gun of mine and I make sure it's clear.
    RickyD and Oldpsufan like this.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I agree with the other comments. I'd like to hear this guy's side of the story and know why he didn't check on his neighbor.

It's possible that it happened while she was gone and he may have tried knocking on her door.

Distinguished Member
    Okay I called the guy and here is the story.

He wouldn't go into much detail about what happened but the Negligent discharged occurred last night and based on what he didn't say, I believe he was showing a friend one of the guns in his safe and the friend who obviously doesn't know gun safety rules did what those kind of people do and that is put their finger on the trigger.

Gun goes off!

He says that he "Investigated" it and took care of it last night. Problem is he didn't check on the neighbors at all and he asked me if there was anyway that this can be settled without law enforcement being notified.

I went to talk to the female tenant and she already called the police, so I called him back and basically he said he just has to deal with the consequences because all of the guns are his.

He also has a wife and child, good thing the friend wasn't pointing the gun towards his kids room.

The bullet is Hollowpoint so while it penetrated through multiple barriers, it didn't get pass the cabinet door.
    How exactly do you investigate without knowing where the bullet went?

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    I agree with the other comments. I'd like to hear this guy's side of the story and know why he didn't check on his neighbor.

It's possible that it happened while she was gone and he may have tried knocking on her door.
    She said she didn't hear anything not the gun going off nor a possible ringing of the door bell.

We have pretty loud buzzer type door bells.

She may have been sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    How exactly do you investigate without knowing where the bullet went?
    That's why I put it in quotations, I don't see what kind of investigating he did cause he seemed a bit surprised when I told him about the pass through.

Also the tenant said things could have been worked out if he would have notified her or the landlord last night or even this morning.

I wonder what will happen.

As far as you and the female tenant know, he may have shot at someone and missed. Maybe it's not a ND, but an intentional shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoffman View Post
    As far as you and the female tenant know, he may have shot at someone and missed. Maybe it's not a ND, but an intentional shooting.
    One of my first thoughts was that perhaps he may had shot his wife and child last night and went about his business as usual this morning.

A lot of possibilities.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links