Good neighbors, a rare commodity

This is a discussion on Good neighbors, a rare commodity within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A neighbor's 911 call got cops to the scene of the crime in 9 minutes. Fortunately, the thugs were slow... but they were fast enough ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GatorGuy407

Thread: Good neighbors, a rare commodity

Good neighbors, a rare commodity

A neighbor's 911 call got cops to the scene of the crime in 9 minutes. Fortunately, the thugs were slow... but they were fast enough for 3 of the 4 to get away... the fourth was caught, with a gun, and the person in the house was not killed.

Story here

They kicked in the front door... they also went around back. The person in the home (a friend of the homeowner) was held at gunpoint while the rest of the crew loaded up.

Please note the deadbolt in the front door was not engaged (damage only around the knob latch striker). Fortifying the door with jamb armoring would help, but you have to use the latch AND THE DEADBOLT.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Good outcome to a scarry situation.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Its never made since to me that people are more likely to lock the doors when they are not home than when they are. I'm more worried about me and mine than our stuff.
    pgrass101 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    My wife complains when I remind her to lock all of the locks, and to replace the door bars. Can't tell you how many of these story lines I've forwarded to her...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member
    Safe outcome to that one. I have the best neighbors. Three LEO's, two ex-Marines and a few Rednecks, all armed.
    We look out for one another. My closest neighbor tell his friends that should they visit when he's not at home, to check with me first! And be very afraid should they not.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Links