my wife is rehabing a home invasion victim.

This is a discussion on my wife is rehabing a home invasion victim. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My wife works in physical therapy and has seen her fair share of GSW (gun shot wounds). A patient openly shared with her this story ...

Like Tree25Likes
  • 7 Post By OneLessPrius
  • 1 Post By Cleandean
  • 7 Post By SIXTO
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 7 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: my wife is rehabing a home invasion victim.

My wife works in physical therapy and has seen her fair share of GSW (gun shot wounds). A patient openly shared with her this story yesterday.
    A guy noticed a lot of his neighbors were being home invaded so he purchased a pistol and trained with it. One night he heard his door get kicked in and 4 guys with guns came in. Gun shots were traded and he protected his family. He took 4-5 shots himself but his family was safe. One bad guy dead others injured. He said it best. "I'm not sorry for protecting my family and taking a life. ". I am sorry this happened to him and his family had to see his, but imagine if he did not purchase he pistol and practice!

He lives to be a positive example, God bless him.
    I hope he wins a hefty amount in his judgement.......
    & "civil suit " against his perps.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    NRA member..... S&W mod. 58; Colt Gold Cup 1911 ( brite blued); 8 in Colt Python (nickle) ;/ SCAR 17s ( black); My ride... Jeep Grand Overland
    ..41 Magnum.........'cause shooting twice is silly.

I worked in a hospital as a physical therapy tech while in college; saw several gunshot wounds. Never pretty.

If he hadn't had that gun and trained it's entirely possible that his whole family could be dead right now. Also possible that he could have been forced to watch his wife and/or kids be raped before he was executed too. There's some real sickos out there, you learn that quick if you spend any time working in a hospital setting, hear all kinds of stories.

I'm glad this worked out for him. I would take any number of bullets, and give my life if necessary, to save any one of my family members.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleandean View Post
    Yes, but turnips have no blood.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    True, but I might get his Escalade I can't afford. The lawyer can have the 22" wheels, I scrap the rest.
    DingBat, molleur and CWOUSCG like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Victim is a poster-child for today's reality. Just another reason to carry AROUND THE HOUSE. If they come through the front door, you're in the den watching TV, HD gun is in the bedroom nightstand, you're truly...outta' luck.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleandean View Post
    Heh, first rule of civil lawsuits is... don't both suing people who are poor. :D
    Hakkaa päälle!

Do you know what part of CA this was in .. I will alwasy remember one of the guys on Calgun up in Humbolt and all the Cartttel home robbery jobs ... For that reason he keep plate carrie by his door
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Do you know what part of CA this was in .. I will alwasy remember one of the guys on Calgun up in Humbolt and all the Cartttel home robbery jobs ... For that reason he keep plate carrie by his door
    Fresno county.

Distinguished Member
    He survived, his family is safe and another one bites it. All good!
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Distinguished Member
    More stories like this will reduce the number of home invasions. Just let the BGs know they might be conducting their last invasion each time they approach a potential victim. Maybe "they" (BG) will end up the victim. It all changes when the prey might be armed.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLessPrius View Post
    Fresno county.
    I drove through Fresno on my way to the coast looking for a hotel to bed down for the night. After seeing bars on windows and iron fences all over I kept going right on through and found something way out of the area.

That's good that he survived and protected his family. It sounds like it could have been much worse had he not been armed and prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    I drove through Fresno on my way to the coast looking for a hotel to bed down for the night. After seeing bars on windows and iron fences all over I kept going right on through and found something way out of the area.
    Its not that bad. I carry 24/7 though so maybe my peace of mind is stronger than most.

Links