Home invader caught on tape...

This is a discussion on Home invader caught on tape... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Checks out the sleeping baby, and sneaks around the house. Hope they catch the guy... But explain to me why he was able to get ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Home invader caught on tape...

Home invader caught on tape...

Checks out the sleeping baby, and sneaks around the house.

Hope they catch the guy... But explain to me why he was able to get in in the first place...

Harden your perimeter. Keep them out. It could just as easily have been video of a murderer. The parents slept through the whole thing.

Story: Footage Shows Creeping Intruder Staring at Sleeping Baby - NBC News
    WrongRecroom and gatorbait51 like this.
    It could be worse.
    "A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered “reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be."
    Wollard V Sheridan

2. Remove Ads

That's scary!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I heard on the news this morning that this guy has been caught. I am curious as to how he got in without waking up anyone. Either these people are sound sleepers or something was left unlocked.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

probably the latter... All the security in the world does you no good if you don't use it/do your part.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered “reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be."
    Wollard V Sheridan

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    I heard on the news this morning that this guy has been caught. I am curious as to how he got in without waking up anyone. Either these people are sound sleepers or something was left unlocked.
    I'm glad the guy was caught to. I read an article once that was an interview with a burgler. He said during the interview that he could get into any house so quietly that no one would know he was ever there. I don't think it really matters if the house is locked up some of these people can still get in. They even have scanner like devices now that can find the code to you alarm system, expecially one of the older hard wired ones (supposedly the newer ones are better). I guess what I'm saying is in some cases it doesn't seem to matter what you do there will be someone that can get into your home. In this case I'm just glad all he wanted to do was try to steal something and was not in the mood for other things.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

This is how I wish most of these video would end though
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I've seen this on the news the past couple of days. On one newscast, they reported that the home owners had a security system but forgot to set it before they went to bed that night!!!!! I bet they don't make that mistake again!!!
    WrongRecroom and gatorbait51 like this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    I'm glad the guy was caught to. I read an article once that was an interview with a burgler. He said during the interview that he could get into any house so quietly that no one would know he was ever there. I don't think it really matters if the house is locked up some of these people can still get in. They even have scanner like devices now that can find the code to you alarm system, expecially one of the older hard wired ones (supposedly the newer ones are better). I guess what I'm saying is in some cases it doesn't seem to matter what you do there will be someone that can get into your home. In this case I'm just glad all he wanted to do was try to steal something and was not in the mood for other things.
    Even if a person is determined enough to get into my home by electronically scanning for my disarm code on my alarm, it chimes on the keypad right next to my head while in bed. The chime when disarmed is enough to wake me up. But 99% of the people looking to get inside your home are looking to kick in your door when you are not home. They don't want a confrontation. Guy that broke into my home was ringing the door bell with his hand in his shirt according to our neighbor that called the cops when she saw it.

Harden your perimeter and know your neighbors if you have them.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Four invaders, one armed with an AR. Gee why would anyone need more than a 10 round magazine
    WrongRecroom likes this.

See this is why I like dogs .... You will know if someone is comeing in ....
    CommonCents likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    That is what dogs are for. They might be able to break into a house quietly but not so quiet that a good dog doesn't hear. If no one is home then that is one thing, but breaking in when owners are likely to be home and with a dog. That should have ended differently.

Glad the first guy is off the streets. The AZ team makes you wonder what the rest of the story was.

The trouble with a lot of dogs not all of course is if they bark at all they bark at almost anything slightly unusual. Folks who have those kinds of dogs tend to start to ignore them. Much like car alarms seldom get a second glance from anyone.

I have my own home devised noise makers in front of the doors at night that a burglar cannot see and depends on nothing but gravity and the door being opened a crack.

Have a dog too that doesnt bark at much of anything. To little to do anything but if he wakes you up you really need to pay attention to the lil guy cuz something is seriously out of whack.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    The trouble with a lot of dogs not all of course is if they bark at all they bark at almost anything slightly unusual. Folks who have those kinds of dogs tend to start to ignore them. Much like car alarms seldom get a second glance from anyone.

I have my own home devised noise makers in front of the doors at night that a burglar cannot see and depends on nothing but gravity and the door being opened a crack.

Have a dog too that doesnt bark at much of anything. To little to do anything but if he wakes you up you really need to pay attention to the lil guy cuz something is seriously out of whack.
    Absolutely agree. The dogs that bark at a mouse fart are not effective guard dogs. Dogs for multiple reasons must be properly trained. If my dog barks at something at night, it will be getting an armed response.

When I was a kid, we had a dog that barked just about everything too. And like many have said, we ignored her a lot of the time. But she had different barks for different situations and we knew which barks deserved our attention. And I remember one morning when she did alert us to someone about to break into our house. It probably saved the guy's life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links