TX: Artemio says, "They need to carry a gun."

This is a discussion on TX: Artemio says, "They need to carry a gun." within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Artemio's neighbor was shot while mowing his lawn... Artemio chased the BGs in his car, but lost them... and they had paper (temporary) plates. So, ...

Like Tree24Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By lionround
  • 10 Post By Chorizo
  • 1 Post By Bubbiesdad
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By RickyD
  • 2 Post By Chorizo
  • 2 Post By RickyD
  • 4 Post By JJVP

Thread: TX: Artemio says, "They need to carry a gun."

TX: Artemio says, "They need to carry a gun."

Artemio's neighbor was shot while mowing his lawn...

Artemio chased the BGs in his car, but lost them... and they had paper (temporary) plates. So, no joy...

Story here
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    A man can't even mow his lawn any more.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member
    An Artemo is correct. I just finished mowing my lawn with an Astra A-75 in an Alien Gear IWB.

An ex-neighbor (Suburu driving, co-exist bumper sticker, granola eating, grievance industry-personal injury lawyer) one time asked me why I carried a gun while mowing my lawn (in a very disdainful way), I told him because weak-ass victim mentality turds like him won't and as predators sense weakness and always pick off the weak first, that means they will leave me alone. He went away, very, very butt-hurt.

I have since moved out in the country away from him.

EDIT: The guy was a walking, talking caricature of the vegetarian enviro liberal lawyer....he really did have a Suburu with a co-exist bumper sticker. He once filed a complaint with the HOA because my "meat-tainted" smoke from my B-B-Que blew into his back yard and made him "physically" ill.
    Last edited by Chorizo; April 20th, 2014 at 09:44 AM.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    An Artemo is correct. I just finished mowing my lawn with an Astra A-75 in an Alien Gear IWB.

An ex-neighbor (Suburu driving, co-exist bumper sticker, granola eating, grievance industry-personal injury lawyer) one time asked me why I carried a gun while mowing my lawn (in a very disdainful way), I told him because weak-ass victim mentality turds like him won't and as predators sense weakness and always pick off the weak first, that means they will leave me alone. He went away, very, very butt-hurt.

EDIT: The guy was a walking, talking caricature of the vegetarian enviro liberal lawyer....he really did have a Suburu with a co-exist bumper sticker. He once filed a complaint with the HOA because my "meat-tainted" smoke from my B-B-Que blew into his back yard and made him "physically" ill.
    I just finished mowing my lawn with an Astra A-75 in an Alien Gear IWB.

I go with a CZ-82 in a Galco summer comfort myself.

.he really did have a Suburu with a co-exist bumper sticker.

Like this one?

coexist-firearm-gun-manufacturer-logo-sticker.jpg
    Attached Images
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    A man can't even mow his lawn any more.
    Sure. Can.

But one isn't any safer with hoping things won't happen than they've ever been.

Far safer to be armed and capable of effectively withstanding predation. A's correct, on that score.

I'm always armed, when lawful to do so. Always. And multiply so. Wouldn't have it any other way.
    gatorbait51 and Ghost1958 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member

I believe that I might have had a few disagreements with your ex-neighbor as well.

How did you keep from giving him a good, ah, butt whoopin?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    I believe that I might have had a few disagreements with your ex-neighbor as well.

How did you keep from giving him a good, ah, butt whoopin?
    He correctly thought I wasn't as "tolerant" (read wimpy) as he was. After one too many attempts on his part to correct me on my social graces, there was a breaking point. The breaking point came after he came over to tell me how disturbed and insulted he was that I was outside of my shop, in his plain view skinning a deer, "one of nature's most peaceful creatures" that I had murdered. I explained to him murder was if you killed a human being.......... and very un-pc like called him a self-righteous ass and told him to never come on my property again. Subsequently sent a registered letter saying the same thing. Very glad I moved from the area to where I am now.

His Co-exist wasn't near as cool as yours.
    RickyD and gatorbait51 like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Distinguished Member
    He correctly thought I wasn't as "tolerant" (read wimpy) as he was. After one too many attempts on his part to correct me on my social graces, there was a breaking point. The breaking point came after he came over to tell me how disturbed and insulted he was that I was outside of my shop, in his plain view skinning a deer, "one of nature's most peaceful creatures" that I had murdered. I explained to him murder was if you killed a human being.......... and very un-pc like called him a self-righteous ass and told him to never come on my property again. Subsequently sent a registered letter saying the same thing. Very glad I moved from the area to where I am now.

His Co-exist wasn't near as cool as yours.
    Gotta love those who preach tolerance, as long as it complies with their world view. I consider myself rather tolerant, but that ends when faced with hypocrisy or anyone trying tell tell me how to live.
    gatorbait51 and Chorizo like this.

It happened at about 7 a.m. as he was mowing his lawn
    Mowing the lawn at 7:00 AM? On a holiday? I would have shot him too.

Links