Carry in Palo duro canyon?

This is a discussion on Carry in Palo duro canyon? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm getting ready to vacation there and am wondering if you can legaly carry at the Texas play.Is it considered an amusement park?Thanks.How about the ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Chorizo

Thread: Carry in Palo duro canyon?

I'm getting ready to vacation there and am wondering if you can legaly carry at the Texas play.Is it considered an amusement park?Thanks.How about the canyon itself?

VIP Member
    Are you willing to risk arrest or sanction based upon internet opinions received from people you know little or nothing about? Call me crazy, but I bet there are other more reliable ways to find this information.
    atctimmy, TVJ and Bad Bob like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

VIP Member
    I don't know about the carry part (call the park and ask them) but I've been to Palo Duro canyon several times....years ago. The outdoor theater is spectacular! I assume you're going to see the play "Texas"? If so, it's fabulous, especially the beginning when the Indian gallops a pony across the rim of the canyon. You're going to love it.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

In my class they said the only facilities that qualified as amusement parks were Six Flags and Sea World.

(f) In this section:
    (1) “Amusement park” means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.
    From the Texas Parks and Wildlife page we have,
    (d) Arms and Firearms. It is an offense for any person to display or discharge an arm or firearm in a state park, unless:
    1.the person is participating in a public hunting activity within the state park that has been authorized by written order of the director so long as the person is in compliance with the applicable public hunting rules and regulations; or
    2.the person has been authorized by written order of the director.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

We went to PD for an Easter picnic. Brought fried chicken, slaw, rolls and gravy, iced tea. Oh yeah my Kimber Ultra. No signs anywhere. Had a great time. Have been to the play several times. Be sure to spend the extra for the BBQ supper before the play. Its very good and gets you in the mood for the play.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Sponsored Links