Talk to me about your indoor home defense light

This is a discussion on Talk to me about your indoor home defense light within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Flashlights seem to improve in lumens and cost all the time. What's your home defense light? It used to be buy as powerful as you ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Talk to me about your indoor home defense light

Talk to me about your indoor home defense light

Flashlights seem to improve in lumens and cost all the time.

What's your home defense light?

It used to be buy as powerful as you can to blind an opponent. Not any more as some pocket lights are too powerful for indoors use.

What is your preferred tool for checking out a suspicious noise in an indoor urban environment in the dark? What do you carry with you?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Mine is a Surefire E2D.

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Duracell 500 lumen. Got 3 at costco for about $36 bucks. However although I got them they are not my primary plan. I have night lights set at the far end of the hallway leading to my bedroom (30 feet). Also night lights in 2 rooms on the way down the hall. Lights up the hallway quite decently. I wait in my bedroom in the dark with a shotgun and a glock (behind 12 inches of hardwood) while my wife dials 911 and covers the bedroom window with her glock.

I've considered putting the duracell on bright on the floor in front of our bedroom if there is time just to provide some blinding light and add to the ease of target acquisition.

That's our plan, what's yours?
    RickyD likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I have (2) at home that I use. One is a Surefire 6P LED the other is a Pelican M-6. Both are very good but I prefer the M-6 fr the better "light" it throws. Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

opplanet-streamlight-night-com-uv-led-flashlight-w-lithium-batteries-clam-pack-5.jpg

Stream Light and a Bushnell

The Bushnell has a square beam and both are HD

bushnell-hd-20.jpg

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Streamlight PT2L. It serves my purpose well.
    SCGunLover1

Coast HP7 I got as a stocking stuffer last Christmas.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Terralux Pro-1
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

I carry a Streamlight Stinger on my duty belt. At night it sits in it's charger next to my bed. Guess what I'm going for.

All of my guns scattered around my house, in individual quick access handgun safes, have a Streamlight handheld light next to them. One also has a Streamlight TRL1s mounted on it because I happen to have one laying around. I keep buying flashlights every year. I have 4 right here with me now. :) I prefer a handheld light but you do have to think about how you open doors, call 911 and do a lot of other things with a flashlight in one hand and a gun in the other. My lighting approach is to put bright night lights all through the house and flood lights outside. A good tip is to buy one or more of those remote control things that you plug a light into and then allows you to simply press a button from anywhere in the house to turn them on. We have to bright table lamps connected this way and if I hear anything at night, I simply turn them on and I can see all but in the spare bedrooms. I live in a small ranch house so it is easy. In my last house, a formal 4 bedroom Colonel, it was more difficult due to the two levels and closed layout.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Muzzle Flash Just kidding. Big mag light and a small steel LED light. I only need to see them, maybe blind them for a moment if given and chance. I dont need to incinerate them. Im not urban but rural though.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

150 lumen LED with strobe.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Surefire 6pLED. very bright. lights up the entire room and affordable i guess. partnered with my HD gun(s).
    It's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?

Fenix TK 15 400 Lumens

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links