FL: BG's impersonating police... and wearing body armor

This is a discussion on FL: BG's impersonating police... and wearing body armor within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wearing the body armor is a crime if you do it in the commission of a crime, apparently. Good, they can add that to the ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By farsidefan1

Thread: FL: BG's impersonating police... and wearing body armor

Wearing the body armor is a crime if you do it in the commission of a crime, apparently. Good, they can add that to the charges...

Story here
    Kennydale likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Yep. Several commonly thought-to-be-illegal things are legal--until used in a crime. I'm sure that's the short list of charges they'll face.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    The idiots never cease to amaze me. They keep trying and trying and just can't figure it out.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

VIP Member
    From article;

A second suspect was apprehended by a K-9. He was transported to the hospital for treatment of a gunshot wound and the K-9 bite. Two others were also found.
    END

That in bold above has to make the officers @ the scene, when no one is looking, smile from ear to ear.

I know it would tickle me pink.

Glad they caught the scumbags.

Great response time evidently.
    Course Naples is a predominately affluent area.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

These kind of stories worrie me ... It seems more and more that criminal are doing home invastion armed and in numbers ... Now adding body armor ... I mean if just soft armor no big deal but if they start pulling ned kellys or LA shootout crap then we have issues ... Not much that can breach hard armor that we as citzan can own easily ... Guess there is a reason to own a m-1 garand the sweet sweet black tip AP rounds

Why I kinda of wish AP ammo for handguns was not so hard and illagle to get for most of it ( ie the cut off is the late 80s for most hanguns ) ...

Really this to me shows two big issues .. One the bad guys wearing armor and worst them imporstant cops .. As how do you tell the swat team from the bad guys about to rob you... Troubling times
    StormRhydr likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Which suspect was apprehended by the dog? Oh right, the one with bite marks all over his body...
    Four more dirtbags who should never see the light of day for decades...http://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/und...ife-law-24641/
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Never underestimate the effectiveness of a the headshot.

Really this to me shows two big issues .. One the bad guys wearing armor and worst them imporstant cops .. As how do you tell the swat team from the bad guys about to rob you... Troubling times
    There was a story in the news up here a couple of days ago. Seems some guys put on black t-shirts with ATF across the chest and black jeans, and hat. Knocked on a door said we are from ATF and have a warrant to search your house. They showed some fake warrant and badges and gained entry to the house. Stole guns, jewelry and other valuables. Another case in the same article said they had FBI on the shirts but were not granted access as the homeowner thought they recognized one of the perps. Sort of scary when you think about it. I am sure most of us on here would know if we were wanted by the FBI or ATF. However how is the average person to know? I have never seen an actual search warrant. I would hope that I would be given time to call my lawyer and have them present before the search began but I truly don't know how that works. I would also hope that they would have the local LEO involved so I would see some uniforms as well.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IWIWBig View Post
    Never underestimate the effectiveness of a the headshot.
    My thought as well. I was thinking about that and knee shots when I saw your post. I always wondered how the robbers in California that were in that spectacular shootout that went on for blocks wasn't solved much sooner with either head or leg shots. I mean it was obvious they were wearing armor.
    ep1953 likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Sponsored Links