Lockdown!!!

Lockdown!!!

This is a discussion on Lockdown!!! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I work on Maxwell AFB, AL and we're currently on lockdown practicing an 'active shooter exercise'. So... Here I am, hiding in my little office ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Lockdown!!!

Angry Lockdown!!!

I work on Maxwell AFB, AL and we're currently on lockdown practicing an 'active shooter exercise'.

So... Here I am, hiding in my little office with the door locked, hoping the simulated bad guy doesn't find me and shoot me. I'm supposed to hide under my desk and basically wait for the slaughter or the cops...

I'm told we can fight back, if we have to, with various office supplies. I do have a 3" Benchmade clip knife, but I really don't like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

This infuriates me so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(if this was a real incident) If I had my EDC on me, I could possibly stop the shooter. When will they get it????

BTW: everytime they do this, the BG always gets a double-digit body count before the cops show up...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    ... we're currently on lockdown practicing an 'active shooter exercise'.

So... Here I am, hiding in my little office with the door locked ... can fight back, if we have to, with various office supplies. I do have a 3" Benchmade clip knife ...
    Hope and wishful thinking is not a plan.

I'd prefer a plan.

So, is the base's "plan" for those found meekly crouching under desks to supposedly fight back against deadly weaponry with office supplies?
    RickyD likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

At least when I served (many moons ago) I was an M.P. We had a armory in our Barracks. I feel for you certainly not a good scenario.
    Aceoky likes this.

VIP Member
    That would drive me wild.

As I type this, I'm sitting in my office, barefoot with a G30 on my hip, and loaded spare magazines in my desk drawer. 'Odd how active shooters don't tend to target redneck privately owned businesses.
    mano3, Parrisk, Easy8 and 16 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Hope and wishful thinking is not a plan.

I'd prefer a plan.

So, is the base's "plan" for those found meekly crouching under desks to supposedly fight back against deadly weaponry with office supplies?
    Yup! Hide first, fight as a last resort...

My only saving grace is that I work in a secure building (classified stuff). IF the main door is secured in time, the chances of an active shooter getting back to where i work is slim. Unfortunately, the lobby folks and visiting researchers are out-of-luck...
    pgrass101 and Aceoky like this.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

VIP Member
    I work on Maxwell AFB, AL and we're currently on lockdown practicing an 'active shooter exercise'.

So... Here I am, hiding in my little office with the door locked, hoping the simulated bad guy doesn't find me and shoot me. I'm supposed to hide under my desk and basically wait for the slaughter or the cops...

I'm told we can fight back, if we have to, with various office supplies. I do have a 3" Benchmade clip knife, but I really don't like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

This infuriates me so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(if this was a real incident) If I had my EDC on me, I could possibly stop the shooter. When will they get it????

BTW: everytime they do this, the BG always gets a double-digit body count before the cops show up...
    Exercises in futility all conducted on the company dime.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Wait, you work in an open container yet are posting on the interwebs while locked down in said open container. Unless you have a really relaxed security policy and can just browse the internet on a NIPRNET I'd consider removing this thread. Either that or even worse, you are posting from your phone and carrying a smart phone into a classified environment is forbidden everywhere I've been. I've seen that rule largely ignored by lab personnel and strictly enforced upon contractors but being on the internet for nonofficial reasons while in a classified environment is a recipe for disaster. Be careful.
    ... evil will always triumph because good is dumb! - Dark Helmet

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    Most organizations out there have absolutely no plan in the event of an active shooter. They have a no-guns policy and the doors require a security badge to get in. (Although most of those doors are glass.) At least where you are people are concerned enough about it to have a drill. It may not seem like much, but they are leaps and bounds ahead of 99% of the work places in America.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

VIP Member
    Frustrating I'm sure. I'm sitting here at my desk with my Glock 19 on my hip. I second the above warning. This could be used against you as you are certainly being "politically incorrect" in today's military environment. Stay hidden till you can stay safe.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Good practice in an office is to have a personal, STOUT door-stop handy. (Keys can be duplicated or stolen by the BG). If they can't get to me, they can't shoot me. Are there any company regs about having a 7 iron in your office? Or a fire extinguisher? Maybe wear Raybans so your German Shepherd can sleep under your desk? Very few things can change a felon's mind quicker than a husky, baritone bark!
    mano3 and Logic like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member
    Maybe need some training with one of these staplers.
    Navydude and mkh like this.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your PX4 & your CZ and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.”

NRA Member
    Full Time Firearm Student

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I might try to come up with some type of "booby trap" that I could employ at a moments notice. The ol' "water bucket over the door" comes immediately to mind.LOL

Seriously, I'll bet you could come up with some type of deterrent or distraction using materials at hand (think MacGyver) that would at least give you a fighting chance if something occurred.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

VIP Member
    Are the desks made of Kevlar
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by Dan.w.daugherty View Post
    Wait, you work in an open container yet are posting on the interwebs while locked down in said open container. Unless you have a really relaxed security policy and can just browse the internet on a NIPRNET I'd consider removing this thread. Either that or even worse, you are posting from your phone and carrying a smart phone into a classified environment is forbidden everywhere I've been. I've seen that rule largely ignored by lab personnel and strictly enforced upon contractors but being on the internet for nonofficial reasons while in a classified environment is a recipe for disaster. Be careful.
    We're allowed to use the Internet - no cell phones though. The entire area behind the door is considered an 'open vault'.

We're allowed to use the Internet - no cell phones though. The entire area behind the door is considered an 'open vault'.
    Nice policy. We were only ever allowed to use the internet for official work research and one of our employees got her access revoked for getting caught browsing the internet waiting on someone else to finish something else up.
    ... evil will always triumph because good is dumb! - Dark Helmet

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links