Famous singer victim of home invasion

This is a discussion on Famous singer victim of home invasion within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Scotty McCreery opens up about home invasion: 'He had a pistol to my head' | Fox News OK, have to admit that I never heard ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Famous singer victim of home invasion

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

Scotty McCreery opens up about home invasion: 'He had a pistol to my head' | Fox News

OK, have to admit that I never heard of this guy, but I guess lots of others have. I'm posting this, not because the guy is "famous", but because the home invaders robbed an apartment--but there were Three gunmen, and one had either an AR or AK. Seeing more and more with multiple home invaders, trying to come in with overwhelming force.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

If there are three of them, you're probably screwed. Good locks, steel doors, and glass block windows are your best friends.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    It isn’t the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Interesting. He just won the Democratic nomination for representative for his district in NC. It was a close race, but his opponent died after the election! I haven't heard anything about his views on the 2nd Amendment, gun control, etc., etc. Nothing said in the article about it. I would hope after the experience he had that he would be very Pro-2 A, pro gun, pro high capacity magazines, etc.!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Interesting. He just won the Democratic nomination for representative for his district in NC. It was a close race, but his opponent died after the election! I haven't heard anything about his views on the 2nd Amendment, gun control, etc., etc. Nothing said in the article about it. I would hope after the experience he had that he would be very Pro-2 A, pro gun, pro high capacity magazines, etc.!
    I don't think this is the same guy. This guy is only 20yrs old.
    Old Sarge and gatorbait51 like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I don't think this is the same guy. This guy is only 20yrs old.
    You may be right. I think I mixed him up with someone else. Sorry.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

That is Clay Aiken. Clay and Scotty were both on American Idol, different seasons, different people.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Another Idol guy..... Clay Aiken
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    McCreery was visiting friends in apartments near NC State University when this happened. Perps have since been caught I believe. It leaves me concerned about my kids starting school at age 18. Should they be given the means to protect themselves in their residence (e.g. non-University owned) even though they aren't old enough to legally own firearms? Got some decisions to make.

VIP Member
    Might have the wrong guy.
    This Scotty is a country singer, around 19-20 years old.

He better start hanging around the Mandrell sisters, or Toby.
    Or Luke Bryan, Tyler Farr, Blake Shelton & Miranda Lambert and learn to shoot.
    Navydude, niks, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I heard this on the radio yesterday but they said it was Clay Aiken.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member
    Aiken is a Dem. He won't go anywhere near Fox news.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Seeing more and more with multiple home invaders, trying to come in with overwhelming force.
    This has been my impression too. It has me reconsidering relying on my 870 as my primary HD weapon. I bet my M92 would make them poop their pants. Lol
    scgunlover1 and Navydude like this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    McCreery was visiting friends in apartments near NC State University when this happened. Perps have since been caught I believe. It leaves me concerned about my kids starting school at age 18. Should they be given the means to protect themselves in their residence (e.g. non-University owned) even though they aren't old enough to legally own firearms? Got some decisions to make.
    Here is a follow-up. Being a local this has been closely followed by WRAL.

Police arrest suspect in Scotty McCreery robbery

RALEIGH, N.C. — Authorities have arrested a suspect in the home invasion robbery of country singer Scotty McCreery and his friends.

Mikkail Jamal Shaw, 19, has been charged with armed robbery and conspiracy after he turned himself in Tuesday night, police spokesman Jim Sughrue said in a statement. It was not clear if Shaw has an attorney.
    Police arrest suspect in Scotty McCreery robbery :: WRAL.com
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    It leaves me concerned about my kids starting school at age 18. Should they be given the means to protect themselves in their residence (e.g. non-University owned) even though they aren't old enough to legally own firearms? Got some decisions to make.
    They are old enough - rifles and shotguns.
    Chevyguy85 likes this.

Not sure about where you're at, but here in Texas an 18-year-old can own a handgun, they just cannot buy one from a store.
    And they cannot buy ammo for it either.
    So, you buy the gun and you buy the ammo and they have it in their possession.
    Chevyguy85 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links