Locked doors and drunks

Locked doors and drunks

This is a discussion on Locked doors and drunks within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ha - just got a real good chuckle, So I'm browsing the threads and can't help but overhear the visitors from the next apt (who've ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Locked doors and drunks

Locked doors and drunks

Ha - just got a real good chuckle,

So I'm browsing the threads and can't help but overhear the visitors from the next apt (who've been drinkin' a bit) talking in the breezeway. One gets a bit lost and tries to open my door - which is always locked. His buddies immediately rein him in. I realized what was going on so no big deal. However, I did hear one comment, "Dude, we're in Missouri, you could get shot doin' that".

Yup.

Distinguished Member
    It is good to know that even when drunk, they show some common sense.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your PX4 & your CZ and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.”

NRA Member
    Full Time Firearm Student

VIP Member
    Keeping doors locked prevent an incident described in the OP from becoming a tragedy for everyone involved.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array Recon1342's Avatar
    That's pretty funny, right there...
    gatorbait51, Aceoky and Tinman517 like this.
    The Opinion of others I very little regard, & have a thorough Contempt for all men, be their Names Characters & Stations what they may, who appear to be the irreclaimable Enemies of Religion & Liberty.
    -Samuel Adams

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Ha - just got a real good chuckle,

So I'm browsing the threads and can't help but overhear the visitors from the next apt (who've been drinkin' a bit) talking in the breezeway. One gets a bit lost and tries to open my door - which is always locked. His buddies immediately rein him in. I realized what was going on so no big deal. However, I did hear one comment, "Dude, we're in Missouri, you could get shot doin' that".

Yup.

^^^^^I'd have been^^^^^^^

ROFLMAO as well.
    Tinman517, gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

That's when you yell out "LISTEN TO YOUR FRIEND!" from behind a closed door so they get a good chuckle.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    That's when you yell out "LISTEN TO YOUR FRIEND!" from behind a closed door so they get a good chuckle.
    Picturing this in my mind's eye gave me a good chuckle.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

VIP Member
    Rack your shotgun THEN call out, Good choice Y'all.
    mano3, Tinman517 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

A good example of common sense prevention. That could keep you safe from a home invasion, and prevents a tragic, though justified (IMHO) shooting.
    Tinman517 and gatorbait51 like this.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    That would be funny as well, but I just as soon not have any more people than absolutely necessary know there are guns in my apt.
    Tinman517, gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

His buddies immediately rein him in. "Dude, we're in Missouri, you could get shot doin' that".
    It's basically true in nearly every state.

If only all upstanding folks would think this way, when mucking about.

If only a few more felons would get a clue, too.

Our patience as victims is at an end. No more curling up in a ball and taking one for the Gipper while on the phone wishing for instantaneous appearance of "guns" to assist. Yup.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Remember, the door is locked for his protection. This happened to my wife while she was in college. A drunk guy got REALLY forceful trying to get into her apartment thinking his girlfriend locked him out. Got as far as breaking the jam so that the only thing keeping him out was the chain lock. When my wife's roommate shoved a S&W 627 in his face he realized he had the wrong apartment.

When I was on a working assignment at the GM Moraine Assembly Plant and living in an apartment, a girl who was so drunk knocked on my door one night. I could hear her leaning against the door while knocking. When I opened the door, she wanted to know what I was doing in her girlfriend's apartment. I knew her girlfriend, and directed her to go down one flight of stairs, and knock on the door of the apartment right below mine. She said that even though she knew I was lying, she would try knocking down there. The sight of her walking down the hall with her arms out holding both walls, as she staggered away, was the last I ever saw of her.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGuy407 View Post
    ...Got as far as breaking the jam so that the only thing keeping him out was the chain lock. When my wife's roommate shoved a S&W 627 in his face he realized he had the wrong apartment.
    Wow, that guy is really lucky she had that much patience.
    Tinman517 and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    #2 Daughter was in her apartment about 3 months when at around 0230, some jackwagon pounded on her door yelling "Hey baby, let's party". Her trusty laser equipped XDS in hand, she gets up and touches the laser. .. beam went on her floor, under the door and onto the semi polished concrete floor . The lout shouts,, "Sorry , wrong place! " Departed the fix smartly .
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links