• Belt Rig

Votes: 66 61.1%
  • I don't home carry.

Votes: 19 17.6%

How do you home carry?

5K views 64 replies 55 participants last post by  NONAME762 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Well, that article was quite confusing because only part of it dealt with carrying a gun on your body at home -- but if that is your question, you need to have more options on your survey.

I sometimes use a kydex holster and belt, sometimes a soft suede holster that has a clip, sometimes IWB in a Remora and sometimes Remora or Mika in the pocket. All depends on what I'm wearing and what I'm doing.........but I AM ALWAYS ARMED, inside and outside the house, (except in the shower.....)

Was THAT what your question was asking?

#5 ·
I voted belt rig but that is one way I carry at home. Most times its a OWB in a pancake. If ive been out late and CC in the N82 Ill just stay that way until I go to bed. Occasionally Ill be in sweats in the house for night or get back up for a while and Ill toss on a light shoulder holster and use that.

What I wont do is be out of arms reach of a small flashlight and my pistol. Ever.

#64 ·
99% of the time in my 3 speed holster. Very comfy.

Is that an automatic or manual transmission?:blink: Where's the Clutch?

Right this second OWB about 0900 in a cross draw rig. I thought I already answered this question:blink:

#24 ·
Same here

#13 ·
^^^^^^^^ What he said, Why change what is working? Whatever method I chose in the morning stays with me till night. Unless for some really weird reason I had to put on slacks and a nice shirt for work. If that is the case I come home as soon as that event is over and get back into cargo shorts and T at which time I rearm.

#14 ·
Lets see I have a AK next to me as I type and a PP 32acp and a 40 cal and oh a shotgun a room away .. And a 380 in my pocket ... Just call me Bad Bad Leroy brown .... :embarassed:

Normal I have a loaded gun in my pocket or in easy reach no matter what room I am in .... At min 2-3 loaded long guns and 3 or so loaded handguns ( I live alone ...)

#18 ·
Remora IWB. It works with any conceivable pants I might wear, including the gym shorts I have on as I type. I guess that qualifies as a "belt rig" closer than any of the other choices, even though I wear it without belts on occasion.

Reactions: maxwell97
#21 ·
This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Only time I change carry at home is if I am wearing overalls for yardwork instead of jeans.

#23 ·
I find mine uncomfortable for couch sitting and just at home in-general. I just stick it in the lock box when I get home. I keep the doors to the house locked so unless someone hits the door with a bazooka I have time to go get it if needed. I imagine taking off my holster for the day is akin to the same kind of relief that women talk about after they ditch their bra for the evening.

#27 ·
First of all, the "poll" is severely lacking in choices. Second, I carry at home the same way I carry outside the home. IWB, OWB, shoulder holster, in a pocket IN A HOLSTER, depending upon the weather, how I'm dressed, and which gun I am carrying. Right now I'm carrying OWB but yesterday it was IWB with a different gun and the day before it was in a pocket. If you notice, two of the ways I carry (shoulder holster and in a pocket WITH a holster) were not listed in the poll choices. :yup:

#28 ·
IWB, OWB or shoulder rig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.