arrested for protecting my house

This is a discussion on arrested for protecting my house within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; On November 18 2014 a male broke into my home I put my 9mm block to his head and told him to leave before his ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: arrested for protecting my house

arrested for protecting my house

On November 18 2014 a male broke into my home I put my 9mm block to his head and told him to leave before his brains where all over my kitchen he ran out of the house after tripping over the door that he had kicked down he called the police telling them that I had threatened his life the police showed up after 35 minutes of me calling them they told me thy had received a complaint about me threating the guy that broke my door down with a gun I told the police what had happened they then arrested my me for life endangerment with a fire arm I stood in front of a judge and explained to him on what happened even the judge was appauled that I got arrested not the person who broke into my house which he got away with by the way but the judge let me go and apologized to me the arresting officer no longer wears a badge any more thanks to my lawyer. it goes to show you that the innocent are the crimmanals because we bothered the police and making them do their jobs and the crimmanals are the good guys in madision wi
    OlCop and Old Sarge like this.

Why didn't you call 911 immediately after? Usually the first person to call is considered the victim and the other person automatically becomes the assailant.
    lionround, ccw9mm, RickyD and 8 others like this.
    Glock 19
    Springfield Armory XDS .45
    Kahr CM9
    GeorgiaCarry.org Member

Welcome from Memphis. (Mogadishu on the Mississippi) Colding is sooooo right. First one to call gets it on record that they are the victim.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    Sad story but you posted it in the wrong section , I would need a bit more information and where this happened . I am not even sure that would happen in Maryland , very odd to say the least .
    Member of the NRA
    Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you want to destroy something .

Should have dropped him right in the house.
    RickyD likes this.
    Certified Infidel

My, but that is an interesting tale. Its really interesting that you had a Lawyer who allowed you to stand before the Judge, and freely relate your story.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    My, but that is an interesting tale. Its really interesting that you had a Lawyer who allowed you to stand before the Judge, and freely relate your story.
    My ears perked up too .
    Member of the NRA

Ditto, on calling 911/cavalry. Better still, hold the SOB for arrest.

The judge was absolutely correct. No way in Hades that you, the homeowner whose home had been broken into and invaded, should have been arrested. The evidence was there of violent intrusion, with manifest intent to commit a forcible felony upon you, and you stopped it cold.

Glad to hear that the LEO in question ended up, if not disciplined for that specific situation, no longer wearing the badge. Easily corrected, if willing. If other similar situations involving the one guy were in his history, perhaps not so easily corrected.

Good example of how important it is to BE SEEN AS THE GOOD GUY. First step, be the first to report the violent entry, the violent assault upon you, and that you're holding the felon in custody until LE arrives.
    flintlock62 and hdhnict like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

hmmm....sounds like a child making up a story.

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    Welcome from Memphis. (Mogadishu on the Mississippi) Colding is sooooo right. First one to call gets it on record that they are the victim.
    Mogadishu on the Mssisipp! I like that. And I couldn't agree more. Been to some OK spots there but as a rule that place sucks as much as Chicago.
    lionround likes this.

VIP Member
    Hi, Keith. Welcome to the forum. At the risk of coming off like a grammar cop, punctuation and capitalization would make your composition much easier to read. As for your difficulties, the account is entirely too lacking in objectivity and detail to offer up much.
    "Pick a ride, any ride, they all go round and round."

VIP Member
    A 9mm Block is not all that big . 25 mm equal 1"
    Member of the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by keithdschultz View Post
    On November 18 2014 a male broke into my home I put my 9mm block to his head and told him to leave before his brains where all over my kitchen he ran out of the house after tripping over the door that he had kicked down he called the police telling them that I had threatened his life the police showed up after 35 minutes of me calling them they told me thy had received a complaint about me threating the guy that broke my door down with a gun I told the police what had happened they then arrested my me for life endangerment with a fire arm I stood in front of a judge and explained to him on what happened even the judge was appauled that I got arrested not the person who broke into my house which he got away with by the way but the judge let me go and apologized to me the arresting officer no longer wears a badge any more thanks to my lawyer. it goes to show you that the innocent are the crimmanals because we bothered the police and making them do their jobs and the crimmanals are the good guys in madision wi
    C'mon man!!!
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by Czombie View Post
    hmmm....sounds like a child making up a story.
    Because there is one capital letter and one period in the whole post? Probably not. Get used to the young products of our public education system. If you are legit, I sympathise with your having been shafted. Is your lawyer suing? If so you should probably not post about it until the case is settled.
    Ianthin, RickyD, msgt/ret and 3 others like this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Join date, post count, OP reads like a troll thread.
    CIBMike, Struckat and KevinRohrer like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links