The Monster Next Door

This is a discussion on The Monster Next Door within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This story has already been posted by Mike 1956 (Woman Raped, Beaten to Death In Front of Bystander) and the story has been duly sliced ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: The Monster Next Door

The Monster Next Door

This story has already been posted by Mike 1956 (Woman Raped, Beaten to Death In Front of Bystander) and the story has been duly sliced and diced there.

I'm taking the same story from a different angle - the premise that YOUR neighborhood might not be as safe as you would like to believe it is.

I will start by posting a link to the news story, in case anyone here missed Mike's original post:

Police say a Suspect says he killed Dubuque woman because there "was nothing better to do"

There is much more to learn about the entire story but we can start with what is printed in the news story, aided by Google Maps.

For example - the scene of the crime:

hthttps://goo.gl/maps/QZ4XFtp://

But if you turn around you can see a little of the surrounding area. Nothing too alarming here:

https://goo.gl/maps/W8BCI

You can walk down that street in the daytime and see little kids with their mommies:

https://goo.gl/maps/cK8X0

But there's a monster, living just a few blocks away, here:

https://goo.gl/maps/HVsQf

"Police records show Betwell lives at 1763 White St., the same area they could see him going into houses in the traffic camera footage."

The house is that brown brick two story duplex with the white screen door (left side.)

If you are lucky enough to have this Rat Ba***rd move-in next door, down the block or anywhere within his free range, how safe are you ?

How safe is your wife, your children, your mother ? Can there be any doubt that he will invade your car, invade you home ? Rob you blind ?

Or that he will murder you or anybody else for any reason or no reason at all. He doesn't NEED a reason !

There is a lot more I'd like to know about this soulless monster, things you will never see in any news story:

How long has he been in the United States ? Is he a U.S. citizen ? Was he an "anchor baby ?" Is he a "Dreamer ?"

How/when did he come to Dubuque, Iowa ? Does he have a criminal record ? From where ? What does that record look like ?

Did he have a job ? If not, how did he pay his rent ? Is he in Section 8 (subsidized) housing ? Does he have an EBT card ? Is he a drug user ?

We will probably never learn any of these things - but they would be useful to know.

So, what is the bottom line here ?

Feral sub-human animals like him are sprinkled, liberally (no pun intended) throughout our society, our neighborhoods, aided and abetted by YOUR government.

There are allowed to freely cross our borders, get welfare benefits anywhere they go and live freely, on your dime.

Many are not the brightest and surely not the best that humanity has to offer. But they are HERE. And "HERE" is EVERYWHERE !

So why would we not:

a. Be prepared.
    b. Be watchful and vigilant.
    c. Be armed.
    d. Be ready to act, if necessary, with extreme violence, when necessary.

This is coming to a town near you and, in fact, it already has.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

VIP Member
    "Home" has never been quite as safe as people have imagined it to be.

Predators live amongst us. Everywhere we can go, they can as well. If it's a spot we can get to, someone else can too.

Always has been that way. Always will be.

Good reminder, that the reality of this world waits for no man. The wheels keep going 'round and 'round, whether we acknowledge it or not.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    There is no way to know who the illegals are - where they live - their criminal histories, etc.

"Legal" immigrants are vetted and screened for criminal convictions, communicable diseases, etc.

Our government leaders have sold us down the river by not enforcing border control. They want a sub-class of people who will work for low wages.

There are no problems with the number of work visas granted each year to "Legal" non-immigrants.

The problem is illegal aliens invading our southern border.

This current regime has created a back-door amnesty for illegals, which is like a carrot on a stick.....attracting even more illegal immigration.

America is great. We hand out free food, free medical, free housing, free money.

What's not to like?

Illegals know that all they have to do is sneak into the U.S., knock up an American girl, and they're home free.

They have discovered that America's streets are lined with gold - and it's the American taxpayers who foot the bill for their free ride.

A country that can no longer control their borders is no longer a sovereign nation.

We have lost the war due to the current crop of criminals in control in Washington DC
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

VIP Member
    I couldn't agree more with the OP.

There are many sick depraved people who would kill their mom/dad for money to score drugs or anything.
    And there are those(like this individual) who would and do kill maim and torture just for the hell of it.

Anyone who has time look up Channon Christian HERE to get started; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder...stopher_Newsom

And we all know about the Petit family tragedy. Lots of sickos in society, many who are never caught.
    winmod94 and Bacon like this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357SIG, 2340Sigpro .357SIG

VIP Member
    I just read the article in the OP, and the murderer/rapist was not an illegal. He is from the Marshall Islands.

The U.S. has administrative control of the Marshall Islands.

Marshallese citizens may work and study in the United States without a visa.
    PhaedrusIV and Pistology like this.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

I love a good debate. You're unlikely to get one here with that post!

You couldn't be more correct. Danger is all around us.

Good post. We need to remind ourselves that we live in a very dangerous world.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post

There is a lot more I'd like to know about this soulless monster, things you will never see in any news story:

How long has he been in the United States ? Is he a U.S. citizen ? Was he an "anchor baby ?" Is he a "Dreamer ?"

How/when did he come to Dubuque, Iowa ? Does he have a criminal record ? From where ? What does that record look like ?

Did he have a job ? If not, how did he pay his rent ? Is he in Section 8 (subsidized) housing ? Does he have an EBT card ? Is he a drug user ?

We will probably never learn any of these things - but they would be useful to know.

So, what is the bottom line here ?

Feral sub-human animals like him are sprinkled, liberally (no pun intended) throughout our society, our neighborhoods, aided and abetted by YOUR government.

[/B]
    I fully agree that scum like this can pop up anywhere, but I'm not sure I'd blame the government for it. I have plenty of problems with the issues you mention, but one does not need to be a foreign citizen, anchor baby, or subsidy recipient to be a murderous sociopath. A native-born American who works full-time and pays his bills can be just as evil.
    "...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."

Captain Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    I just read the article in the OP, and the murderer/rapist was not an illegal. He is from the Marshall Islands.

The U.S. has administrative control of the Marshall Islands.

Marshallese citizens may work and study in the United States without a visa.
    Thanks, Patti. I did not know this (no visa needed.)

I would not presume to think that most Marshall Islanders are much like him (or anything like him.)

But clearly, something went radically off the rails with this animal. I'd like to know much more about his background and history but probably never will.

The era of the "investigative journalist" is dead or dying, mostly because it doesn't fit into the drumbeat of the daily news cycle.

Next week, most won't remember anything about this story, unless they live in Dubuque, and maybe not then either.
    oneshot likes this.

Having worked in a major jail for many years, I have found that often its the quiet guy that lives down the block that is the most sick and depraved. They hold jobs, go to church, and some times have wives or girlfriends that have no idea! The worst of them keep it hidden till the predator comes out. And then they go back to their quiet life like nothing ever happened!

They act the same way in jail. Calm, compliant, easy going nice guys, But when their demons get the best of them, they are the most viscous, cold blooded killers of any I have seen.

Some of these will get out of jail, and some are living in your town. Some have avoided arrest, and are unknown. They are just waiting for the right circumstance to set them off. Getting fired, getting into drugs, being turned down by a woman, etc.. can set them off. Sometimes its not even the one that sets them off that gets attacked, just someone that they feel they can be in control over.

If you get a bad sense about someone even though they are kind and nice, Listen to that little voice, and keep them away from you and your family. And just know that even that may be what sets them off! DR

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I fully agree that scum like this can pop up anywhere, but I'm not sure I'd blame the government for it. I have plenty of problems with the issues you mention, but one does not need to be a foreign citizen, anchor baby, or subsidy recipient to be a murderous sociopath. A native-born American who works full-time and pays his bills can be just as evil.
    maxwell, I don't "blame the government" for this (I believe the phrase I used was "aiding and abetting.")

Mostly, I blame perps for being perps, and yes, they can come from anywhere including "right here at home." And they do.

Still, government policies (including the current and prior administration's refusal to comply with U.S. Immigration LAW, as written) contribute to this type of thing.

Animals like the one who committed this horrific crime can be found anywhere, and they're always looking for vulnerabilities.

They do what they do for no good purpose, sometimes for no purpose at all. In the case, because he said he was "bored."

My points (mostly) are to stay awake, don't ever assume any stranger is a "nice guy, like you" and don't be vulnerable.
    maxwell97 and Struckat like this.

VIP Member
    Most victims have never met the monster until it comes for them. Small wonder that they are ill-prepared and readily victimized. Seeing it on TV or reading about it on the news is nothing like confronting it face to face. I have known two police officers who died because they didn't recognize it until it was too late. The average citizen generally succumbs when it shows up for him. Then, wags get to analyze how stupid the victim was for being a victim.
    dangerranger, Struckat and gen3 like this.
    "Denial has no survival value." David Grossman

Distinguished Member
    Along with two other people (my business partners), I am currently being stalked and harassed by a former employee. This is a guy who feels a kinship with the man in Virginia who killed the two reporters.

I am afraid of him. I am afraid in my own home. He knows where we live. He drives by my house and honks his horn or revs his engine, at all hours of the day and night. He shows up at my place of work. He has a purpose: he is angry, his pride was hurt by the fact that we fired him, and he wants retribution. I'm not scared of the mysterious stranger; I'm scared of him. I would rather walk, by myself, in Detroit at night, than I would from my front door to the mailbox.

This guy is Caucasian. He is an American citizen. His family has been in this country longer than mine has. He doesn't have a criminal record. He is well-off, and drives a much nicer car than I do. He lives amongst regular people, in a nice place. The government has done nothing to "create" him. He is not on Welfare, or Medicaid, and he doesn't live in Section 8 housing. When he drives on my street, or stands on the sidewalk outside my business, he is doing nothing illegal.

If I had to walk down a street and choose which side to walk on, and one side had an illegal alien on Welfare who lived in Section 8 housing, and the other side had this guy, I would walk on the side with the illegal alien.

Fear whomever you want. That's your business. But if you ask me, if you're only afraid of people who don't look like you, who talk with an accent, who receive government assistance, or who are poor, you're making a grave mistake.
    Never trust a person who doesn't love coffee, dogs, and rare steak. ~ Gimme's Life Rule #1

I remember when I was a kid back in the early 70's. One day we had a huge police raid happen a few doors away. (Maybe 10 houses) It turns out that a serial rapist had been living in the neighborhood. To my knowledge this person never raped anyone in our area. The REAL monster of the neighborhood lived at my house! My stepfather was an abuser, drug dealer & a pedophile who never got caught from a "legal" standpoint. Although, he is now most likely burning in hell.

@Gimme Coffee- I would encourage you to get a paper trail started. You may not be at the point where you can get a restraining order or the man can be arrested for stalking. But, he needs to be on somebody's radar besides yours.

-

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimme_Coffee View Post
    Along with two other people (my business partners), I am currently being stalked and harassed by a former employee. This is a guy who feels a kinship with the man in Virginia who killed the two reporters.

I am afraid of him. I am afraid in my own home. He knows where we live. He drives by my house and honks his horn or revs his engine, at all hours of the day and night. He shows up at my place of work. He has a purpose: he is angry, his pride was hurt by the fact that we fired him, and he wants retribution. I'm not scared of the mysterious stranger; I'm scared of him. I would rather walk, by myself, in Detroit at night, than I would from my front door to the mailbox.

This guy is Caucasian. He is an American citizen. His family has been in this country longer than mine has. He doesn't have a criminal record. He is well-off, and drives a much nicer car than I do. He lives amongst regular people, in a nice place. The government has done nothing to "create" him. He is not on Welfare, or Medicaid, and he doesn't live in Section 8 housing. When he drives on my street, or stands on the sidewalk outside my business, he is doing nothing illegal.

If I had to walk down a street and choose which side to walk on, and one side had an illegal alien on Welfare who lived in Section 8 housing, and the other side had this guy, I would walk on the side with the illegal alien.

Fear whomever you want. That's your business. But if you ask me, if you're only afraid of people who don't look like you, who talk with an accent, who receive government assistance, or who are poor, you're making a grave mistake.
    Sorry to hear of your difficulties, but thanks for putting them out here. You make critical points.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I remember when I was a kid back in the early 70's. One day we had a huge police raid happen a few doors away. (Maybe 10 houses) It turns out that a serial rapist had been living in the neighborhood. To my knowledge this person never raped anyone in our area. The REAL monster of the neighborhood lived at my house! My stepfather was an abuser, drug dealer & a pedophile who never got caught from a "legal" standpoint. Although, he is now most likely burning in hell.

@Gimme Coffee- I would encourage you to get a paper trail started. You may not be at the point where you can get a restraining order or the man can be arrested for stalking. But, he needs to be on somebody's radar besides yours.

-
    The only problem with burning in hell is that the victims are still stuck with the hell that was created here, just for them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links