My wifes 3am scream and the dogs barking raised my blood pressure

This is a discussion on My wifes 3am scream and the dogs barking raised my blood pressure within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sleeping the other night dreaming of buying hundreds of guns I was waken suddenly buy my wife's screams and our dog sounding like he was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: My wifes 3am scream and the dogs barking raised my blood pressure

My wifes 3am scream and the dogs barking raised my blood pressure

Sleeping the other night dreaming of buying hundreds of guns I was waken suddenly buy my wife's screams and our dog sounding like he was in mortal combat. I leaped from the bed (well maybe not so much leaping as rolling) grabbed my Sig from the night headed to the other side of the house where all the noise was coming from while sliding a round into the chamber. When I got to my wife she looked at me and said "get rid of the gun it is only a snake." "ONLY a snake" I replied "you were screaming more than when you came face to face with that coyote and again when you walked up to a wood carved bear and thought it was a real one. Well one thing was for sure we did have a snake in the house and he was not happy to be there. Now our dog with both of us there went into attack mode defending us. I had the wife take him to another room while I dealt with the reptile. I picked it up and put out in our front yard. The wife returned say why didn't I take it across the road and dump it in the wash. I told her no way was I going to walk across the road in my skivvies holding a long wiggly thing in my hand and have some neighbor see me. That seemed to satisfy her so I went on the offensive. Saying the next time there is a snake in the house wake me up with a gentle touch on my shoulder and whisper in my ear "there is a snake in the house". She looked at me and said "yeah right and you would roll over and tell me to take care of it." Knowing she was right I asked how she found the snake in the first place. She said the dog woke her up and lead her to it. I said "that dumb dog why didn't he take care of it himself." Before she could say another word I told her I was going back to bed. It was no fun then all I could dream about was a house full of snakes.

It takes a good man with a gun to stop a bad man with a snake.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

Chicks.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    That's funny. Not your early morning combat, but my reaction to reading your title on this. I was thinking "only snakes make my wife scream" like I "thought" you were implying. After 29 years, I know this. But I figured at 3 AM, you'd have a different story to tell. Nope. It was a snake. I wonder if you're married to my wife's kin somehow.
    Chicagobill and rdunawaytx like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

My Springer tries to bay snakes. It doesn't work very well.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Decorah Eagle Cam

VIP Member
    Oh so many possibilities with long wiggly things. Very funny story. You "handled" things quite well.
    msgt/ret and Stoveman like this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Daughter did that to me once ....... It was a Spider in her room
    BigSpider.jpg
    msgt/ret likes this.
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

What kind of snake was it? I'm assuming non-poisonous, but being AZ...

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    What some folks won't do for excitement.
    Retired USAF E-8. Official forum curmudgeon.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

My wife would do the same exact thing. She almost had a heart attack when she found out that a snake had been on our porch this summer, and she never even saw it.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

If that had been my wife I would have awakened to the sound of screaming and gunfire. She would have emptied the 357 while standing on a chair or table. I mean she freaks at snakes like you would not believe.

Woke one night to the sound of my second son screaming for help. Ran down the hall in the tighty whities with the Glock to find him "treed" on the washing machine by a possum that had obviously come in the dog door to eat dog food and was steadfastly refusing to exit said door. Told the then wife to run and grab my rifle with the bayonet (Mosin paratrooper version). (Side story - she had given me a LOT of grief when I bought it saying, "Why do you need a gun with a bayonet???)

Short story long, she gets it and returns telling me not to shoot a hole in her floor. I just deployed the folding bayonet and Voila!!! Possum on a stick! Threw/tossed it out the back door with a flick and as I wiped off the bayonet, I told her, "THAT'S why I needed a rifle with a bayonet!"
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

VIP Member
    I completely emphasize with your wife. Some things just don't belong inside a house, and snakes are at the top of the list.
    PAcanis likes this.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

VIP Member
    You can't get thru life with out a critter getting in your house. Some times good and some times bad. Some time small furry things and some times you marry one.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    I completely emphasize with your wife. Some things just don't belong inside a house, and snakes are at the top of the list.
    That and those paintings of dogs playing poker.
    LtBlue425 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links