PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do This To Your Doors!!! - Page 3

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do This To Your Doors!!!

This is a discussion on PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do This To Your Doors!!! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Take it easy guys, all of the products listed in this post are better than the standard door hardware a house usually comes with....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do This To Your Doors!!!

Take it easy guys, all of the products listed in this post are better than the standard door hardware a house usually comes with.
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imatt View Post
    If your back door is 1/2 glass, anything like what is posted here is pretty futile. For the rest, it looks to be a great idea.
    There are options.

Bars, double dead bolt (can't get out without a key, though), replace door.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by GlockSince87 View Post
    I Totally agree. Putting a lock (no matter how great the lock) on a door doesn't make a "safe room". Nowhere even close. In fact, this thread was started to help people secure their doors..... REALLY secure their doors. Not drop money on a lock that will break the door jam just as easy as any other.

Thanks for pointing out this sales pitch B.S.

Be Safe!
    Really? Okay again the product was created by a peace officer and here is the scenario.

You are at work and your child and wife are enjoying a snack in the dinning room or TV room that has a solid door. WHEN an intruder kicks in an unlock door or crashes through a window.

The TV room door has the UL on it, quick reference. You don't need to bore out a hole for the Deadbolt, to use our device no deadbolt is required.

She is able to shut the door and secure it.

Now HE HAS to come through the sheet rock or ceiling or bang on the door unit the WHOLE frame and wall fails or he shatter's his knee.

This give YOUR WIFE ample time to dial 911, climb out the window and arm herself.

IT TAKES THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE and PUTS YOU BACK IN CONTROL.

If a thief or assailant wants in, I mean hell you've see it before. They will drive their truck or van through a business or house.

The point is, you have this extra protection giving you control over who comes in your house.

Statically it takes 1.7 seconds for Home invaders to be in your home and have you hostage.

Did anyone watch the video I posted? Thats real, those are real swat officers attempting to kick and batter our door in.

I'm sorry that you feel that its BS, but I stand behind our product. I don't come to you saying you are full of crap, I'd appreciate the same respect. If fact, if an admin would like to contact me I'll gladly look at purchasing AD space. I think this is one of the best forums I've ever had the privilege to visit.

The product would of course be www.theultimatelock.com and I'll honor a percentage of any sales from this site in support of this forum or any cause it supports.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateLock View Post
    Really? Okay again the product was created by a peace officer and here is the scenario.

You are at work and your child and wife are enjoying a snack in the dinning room or TV room that has a solid door. WHEN an intruder kicks in an unlock door or crashes through a window.

The TV room door has the UL on it, quick reference. You don't need to bore out a hole for the Deadbolt, to use our device no deadbolt is required.

She is able to shut the door and secure it.

Now HE HAS to come through the sheet rock or ceiling or bang on the door unit the WHOLE frame and wall fails or he shatter's his knee.

This give YOUR WIFE ample time to dial 911, climb out the window and arm herself.

IT TAKES THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE and PUTS YOU BACK IN CONTROL.

If a thief or assailant wants in, I mean hell you've see it before. They will drive their truck or van through a business or house.

The point is, you have this extra protection giving you control over who comes in your house.

Statically it takes 1.7 seconds for Home invaders to be in your home and have you hostage.

Did anyone watch the video I posted? Thats real, those are real swat officers attempting to kick and batter our door in.

I'm sorry that you feel that its BS, but I stand behind our product. I don't come to you saying you are full of crap, I'd appreciate the same respect. If fact, if an admin would like to contact me I'll gladly look at purchasing AD space. I think this is one of the best forums I've ever had the privilege to visit.

The product would of course be The Ultimate Lock | Premium Home Security Deadbolt Door Lock and I'll honor a percentage of any sales from this site in support of this forum or any cause it supports.
    Saying your lock makes any room a "safe room" is B.S.. TOTAL and COMPLETE B.S.. No matter how much you stand behind it. Again,,,, The purpose of this thread was to help people who are in real danger, with real solutions. I'm not saying you aren't peddling a good lock, just that a good lock won't keep someone from kicking a door open.

The strength of the lock IS NOT WHAT GIVES WAY IN A KICK IN..... it's the door frame. The door frame, not the lock.

Tell you what, send me a lock, we'll do a side by side Youtube comparison and then decide. Then I'll send you your lock back, which I'm sure will be perfectly undamaged.
    "The wicked flee when no one pursues,
    But the righteous are bold as a lion."

Proverbs 28:1

YouTube - Home Security Deadbolt Door Lock -The Ultimate Lock

What is this video showing you? I fail to see how you are misunderstanding this when we have REAL swat team officers USEing a battering ram.

Interesting how you immediately want a comp. lock. I can do this however the only uncertainty I have is that you would not follow through.

You can't be so closed minded that you would automatically assume that its BS when you have given no evidence of your claim except opinion.

I've show a demonstration video, given endorsements, and warranty. Unfortunately you are trying to engage in inflammatory banter.

This will get us no where. If the Admin approves of this I'll gladly send him a lock, since he will take an unbiased stance. Do you care to also place a wager on this?

Say a $2500 cash bet. Winner chooses the charity? cause such as the NRA College fund or the Marine Mom's of USA?

Explain to me (and us) how if you install the Ultimate Lock on a basement door, bedroom door or bathroom door with our demonstration already here. That if an intruder CAN NOT kick in the door, rather has to break down the wall. Mind you this give the home owner plenty of time to call police, load a weapon or climb out of the house for help do you say its BS?

Please be respectful and professional, I'm a guest here and you are making it unwelcome.

I'm here because one of your members open the door for this discussion. As a professional working for the owner who is a licensed peace officer in Harris County, I don't think either of us have the authority to disclaim what is visibly been presented.

I thank you for your opinion but again I explain, one of the features is that we meld the frame to the strike plate.

Read here:
    The Ultimate Lock™ comes equipped with a solid, virtually unbreakable steel security bar with resistance of 20 times the strength of a standard door lock, approximately 4,000 lbs of pressure, and is secured to your door frame on both sides, providing you with full protection that most locks lack. Its powerful steel lock system combines three components:
    • Specially designed to work with your doors existing structure. It has a steel bracket with a secondary deadbolt lock that penetrates the door frame along with the deadbolt, but is anchored with screws that penetrate through both the 2X4 and 2X6 wooden studs of your door frame.
    • A "lock out" button that renders any key useless, including "bump keys." All you do is push in the button from the inside of your home and any key from the outside is useless.
    The security bar interlocks with the existing door frame and door jam and is able to provide a greater level of security than any standard deadbolt on the market to.
    Interactive Diagram: A Closer Look at the 3000 Series
    Over 10 years of blood, sweat, and tears have gone into creating the strongest deadbolt in the world. Take a closer look at this interactive diagram showcasing the features of the Ultimate LOCK System!
    Strengthens your existing door frame
    When a door is forced open it is most commonly due to a weak section of the door frame closest to the deadbolt.
    The Ultimate Lock eliminates this common problem with its specially engineered steel strike plate. It's designed to withstand extraordinary force and is virtually unbreakable.*
    A marriage that works!
    One of the major advantages of the Ultimate Lock is that it marries the door jamb and door frame using extra long screws drilled in at opposite directions at 30 degree angles.
    In essence, your door becomes a solid brick wall. A criminal would have to knock your whole wall down in order to kick open the door.
    In instances where your door is being kicked in, these extra long screws will dig deep into the door's frame and increases the amount of force your door can handle in the event of a kick-in.locks in One
    Don't worry! You're not going to have to remember to turn an extra knob. The Ultimate Lock utilizes two deadbolts that work in unison; a mortise deadbolt and a rim deadbolt. When coupled together you'll have an unprecedented defense against home invasions.
    The secondary security lock protrudes slightly across the door frame so that you can see from up to 40 feet away that your door is locked. A convenient feature that our customers have benefited from.
    Our patented lockout feature
    With the push of a button the Ultimate Lock renders any key useless. You're always protected, even if your intruder has the real key to your home.
    High security 6-Pin anti-bump key lock
    Most standard locks only offer 4-pin bump protection. With six high security pins, it makes picking the Ultimate Lock virtually impossible.
    The Ultimate Lock has 6-pin tumblers, and three of the six tumbler sets are bump-pin arrangements. That is what makes it so difficult to pick or bump the Ultimate Lock.
    We've got your hinges covered
    The Ultimate Lock comes with additional extra long screws to be used for your hinges. By using these longer screws in place of your existing hinge screws you will increase the amount of force your door can withstand even more!

I promise you that we spent a few years researching this product prior to it going public.

The owner has responded to thousands of Home invasion only to see the after math.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    This is a typical Malay house, I want to do something similar but the bylaws here prevent you from "hardening" your house to much, all for your own good of course.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    This thread is no longer interesting as it is turning into a p*$$ing match. Please, back on subject.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I believe that metal security doors which replace the screen doors are the best option. They open outward, and cannot be kicked in.
    I realize any doors can be destroyed, but it takes time and noise to do so.

The real beauty of the metal security doors is that you can open the wooden door, see who is there, talk/listen as you will without being in danger of having someone open the screen door or kick it in.

If a BG is determined to use crow bars or hammers to enter he will be heard. There will be enough time to get to a gun, and call 911.

I have security doors to keep anyone from forcibly entering when I answer the door. If I thought I needed to keep someone from entering further I would get metal bars over my windows.

Regards,
    Jerry

Worth looking into...Bookmarked...Thanks for the link.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Got my attention today when I was reviewing our web traffic over fifty people visited the website. I just wanted to be available if any have question you are more than welcome to ask.

I do like to offer this video for you to learn more of The Ultimate Lock | Premium Home Security Deadbolt Door Lock
    residential 3000

YouTube - Home Security Deadbolt Door Lock -The Ultimate Lock
    Looks impressive. I like the lockout and anti-bump features, as well as being able to see from a distance if it's locked.

Of course it's only part of a security system, with a strong door frame being another part, but that lock is certainly better than what I have now.

Thanks for the link.

You know, we are evaluating patio and sliding doors, what solution I've come up with and what we recommend are the simple bar and this sheet that goes over the window called Shatter guard. This with the locks and an alarm system is possibly the best defense anyone can take in protecting their home.

That and the lead hollow points my dad makes for my GLock on his reload table....he loves that table....

I would like to personally thank each of you that visited and posted a comment. I have found each of you to be rewarding and educational in protecting ones home.

If you ever have any questions that I may be assistant to in any way I'd like for you to know that I will do my best.

Thank you.

I would like to personally thank each of you that visited and posted a comment. I have found each of you to be rewarding and educational in protecting ones home.

If you ever have any questions that I may be assistant to in any way I'd like for you to know that I will do my best.

Thank you.
    With over twenty years in the lock and safe industry I have seen kick-in attacks throughout my business area. Numerous one kick attacks that were successful occurred on either, interior doors (used as exterior doors) or, on poorly fitting wooden doors. Many of the softer door frames were the cause of the easier entry. Even then, the frame held for more than just several kicks or body slams when the deadbolt was in use.

While longer screws that attach the strike & frame to the inner building support the door frame overall, it is the white pine (what most newer frames are made of today) that gives away around the strike plate. The dead space between the building frame and the door fame allows for the failure to occur. Simply filling in this space with a good solid wood would probably double the effectiveness of any currently installed residential hardware after utilizing longer screws as you suggest.

Doing the same to the hinge side is also a strong recommendation.

The door is only as good as the material it is made of. I see poorly installed hardware and that too, makes for a easier defeat.

I do take exception to your statement that: Most standard locks only offer 4-pin bump protection. How can you stand behind that?

Simply looking at the available hardware in any store reveals locks that have 5 or more chambers. In the older days there were locksmiths that might drop repining a chamber due to bad wear but that is an exception and not the rule. Yes, there were older Rim cylinders that only supported four pin chambers too. Bump protection has nothing to do with how many chambers a lock has. Contrarily, bumping isn't as big problem as it is believed to be. Within our industry, we have used this technique to open locks for many years (usually bench mounted) for the task of repining a lock. Like picking, it does have a learning curve to make it a useful bypass technique.

Unless your deadbolt is longer than the standard, how can it be of better design? Like most currently manufactured locks the strike plate is the key to the overall security it provides against forced entry. There are other manufactures that provide the longer screws you discuss also.

I do like the lockout features you designed to prevent the operating key from being used when in the lockout mode. Nice privacy mode there.

No I did not watch the video.
    Certified Glock Armorer

You know, we are evaluating patio and sliding doors, what solution I've come up with and what we recommend are the simple bar and this sheet that goes over the window called Shatter guard. This with the locks and an alarm system is possibly the best defense anyone can take in protecting their home.

That and the lead hollow points my dad makes for my GLock on his reload table....he loves that table....
    Shatterguard is a very good product for it's purpose. Master Lock makes a easy to use "Charlie-Bar" in case of fire when exit has to be made through the padio, or, any sliding door.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Thought you'd enjoy these

Just a couple of videos we made. I have one more coming which involves real police video, sorta of too gory at the moment. Trying to tone it down.

YouTube - Rudy T and the Ultimate lock

YouTube - Pop-a-lock vs. the ultimate lock

NBA fans, check out our two new videos, share with your friends and family, leave a comment and let us know what you think.

The Ultimate Lock | Premium Home Security Deadbolt Door Lock

If anyone wants to make us to post a video about protecting your self and your property, contact me about sending us a video and I'll see about putting it on our site.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links