PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do This To Your Doors!!!

This is a discussion on PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do This To Your Doors!!! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; the door bar is sold at lowes and home depot for around $15...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do This To Your Doors!!!

the door bar is sold at lowes and home depot for around $15

2. Remove Ads

Come to south florida, the land of outswing doors!

J
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Thanks for the idea's fellas
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

I think the Strikemaster is good, but expensive. I have a door where the tolerances are tight and it wouldn't fit without removing lots of wood.

I built a reinforcement using a piece of steel 4 x 24 x 1/8 on the inside wall of the garage door with the edge covering the door frame around the lock area to provide some strength.

I attached it to the studs around the door frame with 10 #12 2 inch long screws.

It may not be as strong as the strike master, but it is much better that before, and for under $5.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post
    Come to south florida, the land of outswing doors!

J
    I was just going to say that!! I have an all metal door that swings outward.

Out swinging doors are susceptible of being kicked in just like in swinging doors. Our patent locked uses three and half inch screws at a 30 degree angle so that any force applied "bends" the screw pulling the frame in tighter to the door.

Remember, this product was created by a police officer with the help of NASA engineers.

I'd truly encourage any of you to attempt to find a product that can withstand the carnage that we put this lock through. You won't.

I'd be willing to donate a portion of all locks purchased by DefensiveCarry.com members to this site or a worthy cause supported by this site.

No matter what I feel or think, its agreed that all of us here have safety in mind first. If an Admin could call me at my office 713.266.1400 ext 108 I would like to discuss the possibility of having an affiliate program on your site.

We at the office are planning on using an idea that grew from this discussion. We are going to use various weapons and 'shoot' the lock at strategic stress points, then attempt to "kick" the door in...just like you see in the movies.

If it passes the test, we are going to submit a pitch to myth busters on the concept: Can someone really gain entry if they shoot a lock on a door.

Again, I have to thank each of you for participating in the forum topic and if you may, please let me know about our videos, website and content so that when I communicate with an administrator I can relay your message or POV to him or her.

Alex Maddox

If your going to take the time that the locksmiths are taking or shoot through the lock or any of the other methods, then why not just get a cordless sawsall and cut around the lock. It won't matter what lock you have, it should take about 30 seconds to a minute and your through.

BTW, I think Bumper already has a place for folks with products. It is in the advertisers section.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Tag for later.

VIP Member
    Great info and links, all. Too bad we have to make prisons of our homes. Fortunately the smash and grab boys will be deterred if they can't quickly kick in the door. It's the more determined types that will meet my four mastiff friends. Here's one now.
    Attached Images
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

my issue is this... i like the strike master, however my front door is 2 5/8 inch thick so this means my door frame is this thick as well. I do not have a standard front door so I wonder if strykemaster makes different models for various size front doors.

Had a breakin on one of my construction trailers a few years ago. Had steel bars welded over the windows. Had custom made hidden lock and hardware installed over the front door. How did they breakin? Just ripped out some of the metal sideing and crawled in. Bypassed our well made protection devices.

Our lock is meant for Home Invasions, Burglary on the other hand is a different matter and that is where Armor Guard or an ADT system is recommended. But with our product you can't kick it in, can't use a bump key or pick it when the lock out feature is engaged.

I have a door bar works great not much to move it if you are in the inside.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links