PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do This To Your Doors!!!

This is a discussion on PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do This To Your Doors!!! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; First of all, I have NO stock or interest in either of these companies at all. None. My only motive in sharing this is to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do This To Your Doors!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do This To Your Doors!!!

First of all, I have NO stock or interest in either of these companies at all. None. My only motive in sharing this is to help honest Americans protect themselves and the ones they love.
    I just read the thread of the man who's wife and baby are living in a home that has been "tried" on two occasions while he is working the night shift. I sent him this info personally as well as my post to him, but thought all of us should have this information.
    I have used these two products in combination with absolutely amazing results. I'm talking about guys giving up trying to break in a test door.
    Please consider these two easy do-it-yourself security measures for all your doors. They will make coming in through the chimney an easier option than the door. The only downside to these upgrades is that the fire department will have hell getting in as well if needed!
    Here are the two sites. I think they speak for themselves.
    Be Safe.
    #1 Home of STRIKEMASTER II Pro Door Frame Reinforcement. Keep your door from being kicked in.
    #2 Door security Bar ***
    "The wicked flee when no one pursues,
    But the righteous are bold as a lion."

Proverbs 28:1

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the link on the Strikemaster. I'd saved the link before, but then lost it.

That is a good lock, but won't keep the door frame from being kicked off. Really Great lock though. Thanks!

VIP Member

Caution in Case of Fire

I caution against the door security bar. Don't block your door in case you have to get out the door fast.
    The Strikemaster is
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    I caution against the door security bar. Don't block your door in case you have to get out the door fast.
    The Strikemaster is
    No caution needed. I have them. You barely kick the bottom (of the bar from the inside) and they fall to the ground. NO time lost at all. Give it a try, it really works. Without the bar, the plate gives way after 7 or 8 strong kicks from a 250 pound man. WITH the bar, "Good Luck Chuck". You could take your AR-15 apart, clean it, assemble it, load the mag, chamber a round, put new night sights on your Glock for back up, pour a scotch, scratch your ass, yawn, and then,,,, MAYBE, the perp would be making it through the door. Just in time for the big bang finale! However, most men have never tried to kick something full force 30 to 40 times. Try it! Most run out of gas long before the door does. I'm just sayin, if you want the kick burglar to give up rather than get in, this combo is really awesome.

Thanks for all these links! I will be making purchases soon!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Thanks for the info, the strikemaster looks like a good set-up...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlockSince87 View Post
    No caution needed. I have them. You barely kick the bottom (of the bar from the inside) and they fall to the ground. NO time lost at all. Give it a try, it really works. Without the bar, the plate gives way after 7 or 8 strong kicks from a 250 pound man. WITH the bar, "Good Luck Chuck". You could take your AR-15 apart, clean it, assemble it, load the mag, chamber a round, put new night sights on your Glock for back up, pour a scotch, scratch your ass, yawn, and then,,,, MAYBE, the perp would be making it through the door. Just in time for the big bang finale! However, most men have never tried to kick something full force 30 to 40 times. Try it! Most run out of gas long before the door does. I'm just sayin, if you want the kick burglar to give up rather than get in, this combo is really awesome.
    I love your description!

Btw... I really like the Ultimate Lock bump resistant dead bolt. Especially the night guard "double lock" feature which prevents any key from being used including the key for that lock.

Some good products there.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I forwarded this on to a builder friend
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

I've been slowly replacing all of the hollow core doors in my house with solid wood doors and over the weekend added an enlarged strike plate to my bedroom door. Just trying to make my home more secure. I'd like to do that Strikemaster on my front door. I have 2 additional thoughts to add to this thread.

1) If you beef up the striker side of the door, consider also beefing up the hinge side as well with some longer screws so that it doesn't become the weak point.

2) Once you have hardened your door frames, take a good hard look at your house and find the next easiest point of entry a badguy might use. In my case, hardening my front door is hardly worth the effort due to the large window next to the door....

Not to say I don't like these products or ideas, but I have too many other points of entry. If a BG is willing to kick in my door, then he would also be willing to smash a window. I have 5 ground level glass windows, a rear sliding glass door and a set of glass-paned double doors for my basement entry.

I'm not one to say I don't want to spend the money to secure all points of entry, however I can't afford to do it. Damn I hate wanting to be prepared for when the SHTF, especially, all the possible ways it could happen.

Anyone know if any of those old missile silos are still available for sale? I remember seeing an episode of extreme homes (or something like that) where I guy was living in one he converted to a comfortable living place.
    Member - NRA, IDPA

Don't ask a question you don't know the answer to

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    So what works on a trailer/manufactured home door? They aren't as structurally sound as a stick built home. The interface between door/frame/wall/floor is a bit inferior.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Good info here. Thanks for the links!

At the risk of a slight thread-jack, what are people's opinion on keyless (combination based) deadbolts? I have been thinking about putting one on my front door...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

for the windows

Safety and Security Window Films for Commercial Applications

I just quickly googled this, there are more than a few options.

the concept is to install a CLEAR film that can be cut to fit any window and it makes it relatively shatter proof. Sort of like windshield glass. It will still break but will stay in place. It is used for hurricane damage prevention and helps to increase the R value of the window too. Most will still allow normal operation of the window as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links